Blood Pressure cuff

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Laurachrissy

Blood Pressure cuff

Post by Laurachrissy »

My leg and big toe is bothering me. I am looking into pneumatic compression therapy. Idea: blood pressure cufff......it feels pretty good on my calf and my big toe thanks me. lol!
RLS sux

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Excellent initiative :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

Do you inflate it and leave it there for a while, or do you deflate it right away?
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Laurachrissy

Post by Laurachrissy »

Chipmunk wrote:Do you inflate it and leave it there for a while, or do you deflate it right away?

I am using an automatic and i just keep turning it on and off....I am ordering these from Sears.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260 ... eviewsWrap
RLS sux

Laurachrissy

Post by Laurachrissy »

I got them; they're great :) Need to have a battery charger tho' or you'll go broke....is the only drawback.

Totally feels soooooo good, just had to post.
RLS sux

badnights

Post by badnights »

Had a hard time finding ones that had good reviews and came in a size small enough for my legs. Was reluctant to shell out more money on a maybe. Price range from 200 to 800 too. I would love to be able to try these out first!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

You might try renting one from a hospital or hospital-supply store.
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I must have been on drugs when I posted that. I didn't realize it was about blood-pressure cuffs, I thought it was about other pneumatic devices. :oops:
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Its called fatigue brain fog. :lol:

Or on the other hand, yes you probably were on drugs, we almost all are on drugs....... lprescribed.

Have you ever written a post when a sleeping aid has started to work. Yikes - On occasion I've seen a post that I've written during the night, that I'd forgotten about... and that looked like I couldn't type/couldn't spell.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

I do that lots, have no memory of it; but generally the post makes sense and soounds like something I would have said, so I don't worry about it much anymore.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

My understanding was that she was using a blood pressure cuff until she could get a pneumatic compression device that she had ordered from Sears. Unfortunately the link she posted is broken so we may never know. Anyway... I've seen less expansive devices around, like at Walgreens, but not recently. I did come across one study that shows them to be effective in treating RLS: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19017878

I don't think you're losing your mind, Beth. At least any more than the rest of us! :roll:
Susan