Do Not Reply to RLS Band messages

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
rthom

Do Not Reply to RLS Band messages

Post by rthom »

I received a message here from a person telling me they used something called the RLS Band. They suggested that it works and takes away all the symptoms for then if they wear this pair of bands on their ankles. Apparently they saw me on Facebook. Anybody tried these? Was there problems with the process--like a scam or anything? I don't expect it to do anything, but I like to know about everything, and quite frankly it doesn't matter to me what the stuff is--psychosomatic fixes etc. --if it does work and the symptoms go away i'd loose the pride and use the product! :shh: :yawn:

Polar Bear

Re: The RLS Band

Post by Polar Bear »

I haven't tried these RLS Bands and don't know of anyone who has done so.

In the meantime I would refer you to the 'Announcements' and the topic ''''Do not send anyone your personal information'''''
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

bthanks i did see that, thought that my post might have been part of it. thanks

rthom

Post by rthom »

Truthfully i was mad to get a message in this forum for something they saw on fb. Put my dander up--seemed like backstabbing way to ask.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

We have become aware of the situation and note your comment.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

Thanks, no need on my part for you to do anything, I was just commenting in case anyone else has the same message come in--the person wanted me to pass on the bands to other rls/wed folks. They should have asked me via fb, if they wanted me to take them seriously.
Thanks anyway. I is nice to have the feedback/ support.
Randy

badnights

Re: Do Not Reply to RLS Band messages

Post by badnights »

She did not get names or emails from the facebook page. That is an impossibility for at least some of the names she used and is therefore a lie. Let's give this person no more of our time.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.