Homeopathic options?

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
pittmoveslimbs

Homeopathic options?

Post by pittmoveslimbs »

Great list as of the date of post.

Has anyone seen a homeopathic practitioner?

Polar Bear

Re: Homeopathic options?

Post by Polar Bear »

Welcome to the site and I hope you find lots of relevant information.

I haven't tried anything homeopathic for wed.
Many years ago I tried it for another condition and wasn't impressed so never gave it another try.

I don't recall seeing much about it in our posts but I'd imagine that along the line some members have given it a go and some time or other. Have you tried the search for 'homeopathic'.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

Hey Pittmoveslimbs
Glad to hear your comment.There will likely be folks returning your message later but for now if you look under search for homeopathy it comes up with posts about it. Here's an example
(have a good day)

GYAN MUDRA (Yoga) worked for my Mom
Post a reply

1 post • Page 1 of 1
GYAN MUDRA (Yoga) worked for my M
om
by gunabcd » Sun May 06, 2007 9:11 pm

First of all Thanks to Everyone on this site for sharing their experience, knowledge. I knew this site for a few months but found this group/board while looking for reviews about a too-good-to-be-true OIL. anyways...

My mom who is 60 has RLS for almost 40 years now(after my elder sister was borned). She wraps her legs/hands tightly with bandage or rope or walks all night. She has tried DOZENS of therapies (ayurveda, homeopathy, magnetic water/belt etc), nothing worked. My dad has been practising yoga for a few years now, and he suggested her some Mudras, and she is now getting better sleep for the last few weeks. My dad forced her to do this mudra for an hour for 7days, now suggests she should do it for at least 15 minutes and at least 5 days a week. This is how it's done:

Touch the top of your Thumb with the top of pointing finger and press just a little while keeping the other 3 fingers together and streight easily (do not stretch them), also keep the lower half of pointing finger streight and together with middle finger (google gyan mudra for picture). Ideally, you should hold this position for 45 mintues, but you can start from 15 minutes. It's better to do the Mudra with both hands simultaneously. It can be done anytime, anywhere, in any position, sitting, lying in the bed.

This mudra freshens the Brain, maximizes it's power, increases concentration, strenghens memory,increases sleep quality. Very useful for people with insomnia, paranoia, histeria, short temper, depression; students.

I'm 33/Male, I had severe RLS several months ago but i quit tea and regular soda (now i drink only caffein free) and now it's very mild (once a week or so that too only for a few minutes). I'm going to try gyan Mudra for sleeping early.

If you try it (try at least a week) then let us know the results.
gunabcd

badnights

Post by badnights »

Also in the Zen meditation thread, peanut talks about a homeopathic remedy - but not for RLS/WED. On the facebook page, someone was talking about using a homeopathic remedy too.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.