Abdominal massage, immediate reliefe

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Rondo

Abdominal massage, immediate reliefe

Post by Rondo »

Please try abdominal massage. It has helped me quite well. This is how its done. You have to press hard and deep with your thumb on your belly. Search for the spots where you feel pain and hold it. You have to find for your self which part of your belly to press to get the relieve. I think for me it was somewhere bellow the belly button to the right and to the left. But i massage the whole abdominal area. It is good for your internal organs. You can search on youtube CHi Nei Tsang and you will get the idea on how its done correctly.

Betty/WV

Re: Abdominal massage, immediate reliefe

Post by Betty/WV »

Rondo: Interesting!!! One time I had a massage and the therapist massaged my stomach. I was surprised. I had had massages before and no on ever did that. I didn't question it. But always wondered why. Now I think I know. Thanks.

BETTY/WV :o
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

mykalsunrise

Re: Abdominal massage, immediate reliefe

Post by mykalsunrise »

I have a hand held massage device and after I do the extremities I always finish up with my stomach. That always seems to be the last thing I remember before lala land. Good advice.
You are a spirit that will never die, and no mater how beaten down, You Will Rise Again.