Get the blood circulation going and it helps!

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
MrJOE

Get the blood circulation going and it helps!

Post by MrJOE »

When I have to get up and move I have found that getting the circulation going in the legs and arms relieves the horrible sensations...I do push ups until my muscles are too tired to do more and this helps and I can lie down and go to sleep (at least for a hour until it comes back and I do the push-ups again). For some reason, when the muscles are tired from exercising them, the RLS sensations are not there and that is the only instant temporary remedy I have found. I can at least sleep for a while.

sthomp66

Post by sthomp66 »

Mr. Joe: I can relate to the measures you take for relief. Ever since probably jr. high, my parents would find me out jogging at 2am or doing aerobics trying to exhaust my legs, my family thought I was out of my mind. Now however, I'm 38 now and running actually makes it worse so I have to run in the morning instead of night. It's a vicious circle that just gets worse as you get older.