Wearing Out my Jeans

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for WED/RLS (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
debbluebird

Wearing Out my Jeans

Postby debbluebird » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:33 am

I am wearing out my pant legs from rubbing my thigh. Over the past 2 years, since my WED/PLMD has gotten worse I am finding that I rub my leg a lot. I can see a difference in the material in my jeans. If I'm in the car and have to wait before I can get out, I rub my leg. If I'm in bed and don't want to get up, I rub my leg. If I'm in my chair and don't want to get up, I rub my leg. It helps some, if the spasms are just beginning. I never thought of this as massage. I ususally rub very fast and with significant pressure. I started doing this out of frustration when I was in the car.

DEB

Polar Bear

Re: Wearing Out my Jeans

Postby Polar Bear » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:43 pm

I am more likely to squeeze the muscles in my legs but generally it doesn't make much difference and I have to get up and move.
In a confined space it is sometimes the only thing available.
Betty
http://www.willis-ekbom.org/about-rls-wed/publications
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Return to “Physical Treatments”