Possible Relief with Research to back it up -- UPDATE

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
exspeedster

Possible Relief with Research to back it up -- UPDATE

Post by exspeedster »

As stated in my previous, same-titled, posting of a couple of days ago; I will give you the results of Dori's (San Francisco Bay Area RLS Support Group Leader and my mother-in-law) experience with the "earthing" sleep pad. (I was going to wait 10 days but she's felt better, sooner)

Monday, April 11, was her 2nd night on the pad and she purposely did NOT take her usual sleeping pill combination. She also has been sleeping with socks on her feet for years because they are always cold. I presume this is due to poor circulation due to her diabetes. She said she slept through the whole night, comforatably and soundly (Yeah!!) with no RLS flare up to wake her...with one exception. She needed to sit up during the night to remove her socks because her feet were so warm and cozy...this speaks positively to an increase in her circulation which will help her diabetes.

She leaves for Hawaii on Saturday so we will be able to see if she suffers from not being on pad. I will post another result upon her return.

During the past month or so while I was researching this pad and the science behind it; I have collected quite a bit of articles and research studies on sleep, pain and the effects of our electro magnetic field (EMF) environment on our bodies. This may relate directly or indirectly to RLS problems. If any of you would like me to forward these articles/studies, just email me at tomnann@surewest.net. I don't think I can attach these PDF files on this bulletin board.

Peace,
Tom