TENS unit

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
pretzel

TENS unit

Post by pretzel »

Someone suggested this device to me as a possible solution. Has anyone on the board tried it? Any luck with it?

pretzel

Post by pretzel »

Thanks, Tom!

sleepless in pa

tens

Post by sleepless in pa »

I've tried it. I have pain with my rls and the tens unit definitely helped with the ache that I had. I've been using it since November 04 and I don't have the ache as much now.

I'm not sure it helps with the movement though. My neuro prescribed it for me to use at night - to sleep with it on. I do and occasionally I wake up with an electrode stuck to my pj's or somewhere else wierd. I also sometimes wake up to find that my nighttime marathon activities have destroyed an electrode (pulled the wires out while asleep). I also didn't notice much of an improvement in my sleep while using it.

But, like I said, it DEFINITELY helped with my pain.

Do you have pain with yours?

RestlessNGa

Post by RestlessNGa »

I have a Tens Unit that I have used since 1992, because of an auto accident. I never thought about using it for RLS, I have used a squishy massage pillow that does seem to help.

Thanks for the info
Patricia

Karl

Tens

Post by Karl »

I have used it criss-crossed over the joints, it worked better for me criss-crossed over my spline even though the RLS in in my legs/arms.It didn't help enough to stay with in my case though.
Karl-Andreas
37 now, had RLS effects since 12, long term guinea pig!