TENS stimulation for WED/RLS: Effective parameters

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
needhamal

Re: TENS stimulation for WED/RLS: Effective parameters

Post by needhamal »

I was enrolled in a study of a device known as SENSUS, which is worn just below the knee and which sends electrical impulses through the legs and into the feet. The device is marketed by Neurometrix, which also developed the Quell device for chronic pain. The study sample was small (about 12 people) but I was one of only one or two to have not experienced improvement in RLS symptoms. The company has released results of the study online. This is a good step toward ultimate FDA approval of the device.

Norm

Post by Norm »

Hi Badnights,
The data that I referred to was distributor data and is not intended or ever accessible for the public. I only happened to know someone and they showed me some non confidential information. However, I understand that a scientific pilot study on RLS with the CP Relief Wand should be published next summer. I have no way to know the details but that should answer some of your questions.

badnights

Post by badnights »

It's always good to see scientific studies in the public domain. I look forward to our collective gain in knowledge, whatever the results may be.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.