2011 Roundup of Non-drug treatments

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Hopeful

2011 Roundup of Non-drug treatments

Post by Hopeful »

Hi all,
I found this 2011 study that is a nice roundup of non-drug treatments. It explains each one briefly with a quick theory of why they may work. I learned a lot. The nice thing is that each of the treatment options studied has multiple links if you want to explore it further. Some are not real recent, but that doesn't bother me because I realize that the non-drug treatments are not always well-funded. I hope it is useful to you.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3101885/

In case the link doesn't work, the title of the article is: "Nondrug-related aspect of treating Ekbom disease, formerly known as restless legs syndrome"

Best to all of you-

badnights

Re: 2011 Roundup of Non-drug treatments

Post by badnights »

Thanks Hopeful, that's a hopeful reminder! I love it.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.