Hypnotherapy

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
consultx

Hypnotherapy

Post by consultx »

Has anyone tried/heard of anyone trying hypnotherapy. It apparently can work for some types of pain, someone has recommended that I try it for RLS. Mirapex works, somewhat but I would prefer to find a non-pharma answer, if possible.[color=blue][/color]

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

WOW,. what a coincedence! I went to my therapist today and she's going to start me on hypno therapy next week!

The entire time i'm in the office with her today, my leg was bouncing and I was itching like crazy and the pain in my hip was unbearable.

I've done hypno therapy with her before for panic attacks. They still happen, but not as much.

Loves
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

consultx

Hypno

Post by consultx »

Let me know how it goes. Most of my problems are late afternoon and then big time at night. I will be interested in hearing your results, after all they supposedly have removed limbs with hypnotism and no general anesthetic.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

I will! My first appointment is next Wednesday

Loves
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

New Girl

Hypnotherapy

Post by New Girl »

I've been using hypnotherapy for a month or more now. Mirapex made my symptoms much worse and hypnotherapy is working beautifully for me. I am learning techniques that lessen my symptoms through my mind power. It really works.

consultx

Post by consultx »

That is great! I am going to schedule an appointment with a hypnotherapist next week.

My "sleep doctor" tried everything else on me and nothing worked but Mirapex. The down side is that I build up an immunity to it every 8 months or so and must go on a "drug holiday" for a month in order for it to work. In its(Mirapex) stead they tried everything from Oxycodin to methadone to no avail. So, I get no sleep for that month.

Please keep posting updates!