im new to this

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
legmover

im new to this

Post by legmover »

[color=green]Hi ive just recently been diagnosed with rls and i tried mirapex didnt help clonipin didnt help now i take 1800 mg og magnizum it helps most of the time but lattley its been geting worse agin not working as good as it did i still take colonipine when need to try to take the egde off. Does any one have any ideas what i could try or ask my docter to try.[color=green][/color][/color]
when your restless dont worrie you not alone were in this togrther.
Joanne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Welcome Legmover. Have you been to the www.rlshelp.org site? Dr Buchfurer lists all the meds that can be tried and he explains side effects, etc. It's the best place to go when wanting info on meds. We are all so different that what combo works for one, doesn't have any effect on another! Klonipin doesn't work for me, either, but Mirapex did. How long were you on it? Did you get to a high enough dose? Or did side effects prevent you from staying on it?

Hope things get better - I know how much it stinks to feel like nothing is working.

Ann