Tight socks and shoes cause RLS ?

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Mark Fan

Tight socks and shoes cause RLS ?

Post by Mark Fan »

My RLS only affected my lower legs; For me, besides lack of feet and toe movement, I believe tight socks and shoes played a role.
If your socks leave a print on your legs, they are too tight; Running on the grass with bare feet might be a good treatment.

Polar Bear

Re: Tight socks and shoes cause RLS ?

Post by Polar Bear »

I can't bear tight socks, or tight anything.

Running on the grass with bare feet sounds nice, sounds good... just wondering if you have a specific reason for suggesting grass :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I also dislike tight anything. I've long not worn pantyhose, tight jeans, or anything else that constricts. I am barefoot in my house at all times and wear only flip flop type shoes in the summer when I can. I do wear dress shoes, pumps, etc when with clients, but would guess I'm without anything on my feet or calves at least 3/4 of the time.

It does help keep symptoms at bay until later in the day, but they come none-the-less, unfortunately :-(.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Mark Fan

Post by Mark Fan »

Beach would be fine too.
Why Walking Barefoot Might Be an Essential Element of Good Health:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... iency.aspx

badnights

Post by badnights »

I always kick off my shoes. Office, airplane, theatre, meetings, home.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I can't even stand tight bed sheets on my feet. I wear comfortable white ankle socks most of the time, unless I have to get dressed up in slacks which isn't often. Our work dress standards don't exist anymore. At home I have my socks on with orthOfeet slippers that fit loosely while walking.