Restiffic

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
ViewsAskew

Restiffic

Post by ViewsAskew »

here is another compression device for sale. It works on the foot...since most of my symptoms are in my thigh, hip, or arm, not sure how that would help. Looking forward to someone's comments.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 79619.html
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Re: Restiffic

Post by Polar Bear »

My symptoms are thigh, calf and arms - it doesn't ring a positive bell for me but may help others.

I note that in the 'blurb' there is a quote stating that
"""RLS is traditionally treated with powerful narcotics and opioids'""" - don't know that I'd agree with that.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:My symptoms are thigh, calf and arms - it doesn't ring a positive bell for me but may help others.

I note that in the 'blurb' there is a quote stating that
"""RLS is traditionally treated with powerful narcotics and opioids'""" - don't know that I'd agree with that.

Marketing...those folks can say just about whatever they want. Amazing (and not in a good way!).

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

They seem to be implying that wrapping the foot that way will reduce symptoms in the legs.

I find it annoying that they say stuff like it "relaxes the [leg] muscles to lessen the symptoms" of RLS. The symptoms have nothing to do with tight muscles, so relaxing them won't help, in fact, relaxing them is what triggers the symptoms to begin. Sheeeeesh. It's hard to believe this device was invented by a person with RLS/WED, unless you consider that she must have turned it over to marketing people to pick the words for this press release. I wonder if she tried to tell them how wrong they got it?

Anyway, even though I'm really irritated by them, and my symptoms are mid thigh to ankle and upper arm to wrists, I still would like to give it a try. I wouldn't spend much money on it, though. I wonder why they made it available only by prescription? Surely they didn't have to? Does anyone know the scoop on that?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Faulk52

Post by Faulk52 »

Has anyone actually used restiffic? Does it work?

badnights

Post by badnights »

@Faulk52
There is a topic about it
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10126&p=94658&hilit=restiffic#p94658
also some comments in other topics by people who tried it
viewtopic.php?p=94723#p94723
viewtopic.php?p=94573#p94573

You can type "restiffic" in the search box (upper right ) to maybe find more.
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Boy - just had a thought...wouldn't it be wonderful if they had these units available at the RLS Patient Symposium so that attendees could check on out for the weekend?

Managing Your RLS

badnights

Post by badnights »

Ann - you should make a suggestion for next time in the symposium-end survey! Maybe Relaxis maker would consider it too.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

badnights wrote:Ann - you should make a suggestion for next time in the symposium-end survey! Maybe Relaxis maker would consider it too.

If I ever give feedback (so behind...), I will!

Managing Your RLS

badnights

Post by badnights »

I answered 6 or 8 survey questions then lost my internet (it was dropping all day). All those answers, gone. I think I will just email instead.

peanut1

Post by peanut1 »

They seem to be implying that there is a connection between the feet and the legs. This is the first time I've heard of this. My RLS symptoms are in the back of the knee. I'm not sure how that can be related to the foot.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

My doctor wanted me to try it. He gave them to me. All it did for me was make my feet hurt. Hated it.

BookmanJoe

Post by BookmanJoe »

I tried it for almost 30 days. It didn't work for me. I got a refund.