Feldenkrais

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
badnights

Re: Feldenkrais

Post by badnights »

I just can't move past the looks of blank incomprehension, almost invariably followed up by an assertion that they too suffer from sleep difficulties and a couple of suggestions regarding insomnia (camomile tea, magnesium, valerian, meditation etc

The one I can respond to best is when people start telling me of good ways to relax. I can counter that instantly by tell them that relaxation causes the problem. not technically true - it triggers the symptoms - but the blunt words have better effect. It's a difficult thing for people to visualize and they usually have to pause to mull it over for a while. If the conversation continues after that, they're in listening mode, not advising mode.

But I don't have concise, thought-provoking responses like that for most things.
what have I done that would make them think that I am the sort of person who would waste good oxygen mentioning a condition which would respond to a cup of tea and a slice of toast?
:lol: :lol:
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

peanut1

Re: Feldenkrais

Post by peanut1 »

Somatics which is an offspring of Feldenkrais did wonders for my back, but nothing for the RLS. But then again, I wasn't thinking that it would.