Where are they?

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Penquin you are more than welcome. Just 41 you are just a baby. I am 68 and next month will be 69 YIKES NO MORE BIRTHDAYS FOR ME. LOL
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Oh don't say that! Birthdays are always wonderful, even the milestones. It means you are still here and have a chance to do the things you haven't gotten around to doing yet. My birthday in December went by without a hitch (most forgot LOL) but a girlfriend and I hit the big Kansas City for a day of shopping, went to a Mannheim Steamroller concert (something on my "to do" list), stayed all night and slept in, did a little more shopping and had a great time.

I still have sky-diving, swimming with the dolphins and white-water rafting on my list. I've been hot air ballooning, parasailing and scuba diving. Those are the major things. Still have lots of traveling to do, I want to learn to play a musical instrument (other that the kazoo) and live to tell my grandchildren lots o stories.

Besides CT, you have to meet me at least half-way somewhere someday soon you know. Gotta have a hug!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hey Ruby I will be more than happy to give you a hug. One of these days we will meet and then will give you a hugh hug but for now how about a cyber hug ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) will this do.

My girlfriend and I have often talked about parasailing and will do that one of these days. It looks like so much fun. I have never done scuba diving but did snorkeling twice and loved it.

You take care my friend and hope that you are feeling better.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

becat

Post by becat »

Happy Belated Birthday Penguin!!!!!! :D

I say if I survive it , count it.....the best thing about being in your 40's?

You've been there, done that, seen most of it before, and take less crap from others! You go Baby sister! LOL I had no idea I was older than you, but I'm totally cool with it, :wink:.

I am sorry that Kathleen is to follow us, but if it make you feel any better....

In my genetic trait, my mom's side, My grandmother and I had it the worse (add my oldest brother, who finally told me himself, he knows most of his pain is RLS related). My Mom's generation got off pretty easy (minus one 5-6 yrs, which were just awful), as did my youngest son. So it will likely be my grandchildren that have it like me.

You have to remember my sweet Penguin, that Kathleen's will likely be just as different as any of us. So I hold out great hope for our younger one to follow us.

In fact just saw a small article or blurb in Woman's Day about RLS in children, even gave our website here. That is progress girlfriend.

I'm so glad that you already had a great doc behind you, so that Kathleen did not have to hunt out help.

Your the best Penguin I know! Hands Down!

Love Lynne

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

I love you all so much

I know that Kathleen will be ok and the neuro says she could quite possibly out grow it.

I sure hope so

My heart was broken last night. Kat had a meltdown....cried all night...

I gotta keep an eye on this....she's gonna be 17 on the 24th...can you believe it???? I can't

Becat....my becat..........just don't know what to say....i love you my lady....

penguin
Beware the Penguin

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

It's my Penguin!!!

Happy belated birthday, sweetie!!!

And, Kathleen is gonna be 17? What happened to that little girl we knew?!!!

I'm so sorry she has RLS, but we know so much more now and we're all here for you and for her.

Give her a hug for me and have her give you one, too!!!

I love you, Penguin!!! You take care!

Love
Jannie
No one is alone who had friends.

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Hey PENGUIN!

Happy Birthday to you :D
Happy Birthday to you :D
Happy Birthday DEAR PENGUIIIIIIIINNNNNN......... :shock:
Happy Birthday to you! :P

Man, Ms. Penguin you are only 41? What? You should be thanking your lucky stars. 41 aint bad at all. I'm a year away from 50 sweetheart, that's official OVER the HILL status. Official. Period. Nothing you can do about it. Just stand there all dorky in your big flannel shirt with your Bob Dylan :P T-Shirt shirt on while all the kids call you "Mr." instead of your first name.
So you just enjoy 41 ok? Please? Perty please? You aint old, you're just right.

So rock on Penguin.
Randy

Walking After Midnight

Rubyslipper wrote:I still have sky-diving, swimming with the dolphins and white-water rafting on my list. I've been hot air ballooning, parasailing and scuba diving. Those are the major things. Still have lots of traveling to do, I want to learn to play a musical instrument (other that the kazoo) and live to tell my grandchildren lots o stories.

Plus...you still have the mile long club to achieve. Remember? Riding a motorcycle nekkid for at least a mile on a public road?
C'mon Ruby, if you can get up in front of an audience and sing and dance, the mile long club oughta be a walk in the park.
:wink:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Was the meltdown from the RLS? If so, I can imagine how hard that was for you. Well, any meltdown is hard for a parent, don't get me wrong...but the ones that push your guilt buttons are even harder. At least that was so with me.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Penguin, belated happy birthday you young thing! I know it's hard not to blame yourself when it comes to Kathleen but I have two daughters who show signs of RLS. That's two reasons I get involved and do what little I can. At least I can fight back some. You hang in there. Kathleen has us and maybe it would be good to have a section devoted just to kids and young adults to talk to each other. And you have us also. It's just so good to hear from you again.

WAM, I wasn't going to mention the mile long club because of the horrible image that would invoke in people's heads. It might be enough to turn them away from the discussion board completely. I do think you are taunting me though, and you, sir, will someday be surprised. But you happen to be the only one I know with a motorcycle. HAH!! Now what!!?? Besides, just how public does this path have to be? (Sorry if I am offending anyone!) Just let me know and I will take this PM.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Ruby you never offend anyone. I enjoy reading your posts.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Yeah, Charlene!!! Now I know what you look like--you young thing you!

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh Ruby I knew that I loved you. Flattery will get you everywhere LOL

You have a wonderful day my friend.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

thank you sir WAM.

What lovely rendition of Happy Birthday! loved it

My Jannie! well...i dunno what to say....

Ann, Ruby, Charlene....I'm just a lucky Penguin....and Kathleen's a lucky.......penguinette? ROFL....
Beware the Penguin

Walking After Midnight

Rubyslipper wrote:WAM, I wasn't going to mention the mile long club...you, sir, will someday be surprised. But you happen to be the only one I know with a motorcycle. HAH!! Now what!!?? Besides, just how public does this path have to be?

Hmmm. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure any Interstate highway would qualify. :twisted:

And sure, you can use my Motorcycle but I aint going with you...have you seen me lately? I mean I like to make people laugh...but not AT me. Besides Ruby...you're beginning to scare me. I'm starting to think you would actually do it. :shock:

(anyone have a "chicken" emoticon?)

Charlene
...this cross picture is great aint it? It's Celtic. And my birthstone is Emerald so it looks like it's set in emerald. (As I fly my Christian cross and discuss riding motorcycles naked)(oops)

Dear Penguin...you know I skipped over these posts, just getting the drift of the thread before I replied. I saw it was your birthday but I missed the part about your daughter not doing well right now. So...I hope upon hope upon hope etc and pray that she learns to deal with this and gets the right help for it. It's hard enough to be seventeen, let alone having to live with Restless Leg Syndrome. One of the good things she has going for her during this is YOU.
Randy