The Freeze

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

KBear wrote:Hey Randy, I read a large chunk of your rant to my husband, he has been in a similar frame of mind lately. His plan is to just get into the car one of these days and drive south until gets warm. Maybe we'll go visit Lynn. :wink:

Tami and I will meet you there.
We'll even bring the steaks.

KBear

Post by KBear »

Should we tell Lynn or just let her be surprised?
Kathy

Link to the Mayo Clinic Algorithm:

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com/pd ... 907Crc.pdf

Walking After Midnight

psst. lets just show up.

KBear

Post by KBear »

We have another 6-12 inch snow storm predicted for my area (Zach too) that's supposed to start after midnight tonight :evil:

I don't think a road trip is going to be good enough, I think I need to move.
Kathy

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Everybody, just come to Missouri. So far this winter we have had 18 snow days, sleet, ice, wind, 70 degree days, tornados, beautiful spring-like days, sunshine, clouds, floods, mud.....there's something for everyone! If you don't like the weather today, just wait, tomorrow will be different!

There's a product my yoga leader is letting us try. It's good for neck pain, headaches, sinus problems. You just use a little and rub it on your neck or temples (depending on what's wrong). I liked it and the smell. It's called Gwei-hua balm and has natural oils and peppermint. Of course it's also advertized as helping everything from headaches to insect bites so please don't think I am pushing anyone to try it. As least it doesn't pretend to cure RLS!

Susan, thanks for the info about the eucalyptus oil and to Polar Bear about the Olba. Sometimes its little things we wouldn't think of using that help just enough to get us through.

If you come to Missouri, though, you do have to brng boots. TALL boots. Boots that will come off easily. Because when you step in those bottomless mudpits that come with spring, you don't want the mud oozing in the top and you want to be able to slip out of the boots that become glued solidly in the mud. I have ruined more socks by having to leave the boots in the mud and walk out. I have found (by humiliating experience) that trying to pull one boot out while balancing in the other boot gets you nothing but a spill backwards or sideways in said mud while the rest of the family laughs uncontrollably and does NOTHING to help you out. Last time I tried it, I fell backwards into the mud up to my elbows, behind sunk 6 inches in the mud and no way to move. Remember, this is not ordinary mud but mixed with cow poop. So at least there was some green in it and not all grey and brown, Randy. I threw away the socks and jeans (no detergent will take that out!) Actually, they may still be out there buried under 5 feet of mud!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Walking After Midnight

Rubyslipper wrote:Everybody, just come to Missouri. So far this winter we have had 18 snow days, sleet, ice, wind, 70 degree days, tornados, beautiful spring-like days, sunshine, clouds, floods, mud.....there's something for everyone! If you don't like the weather today, just wait, tomorrow will be different!

There's a product my yoga leader is letting us try.

I just wanna come to see the Yoga class. How's that going anyway Ruby? Any better than the first day?

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Sure WAM, come on down to Missouri and watch the fat lady scream when her behind muscles cramp up. The new move is called the Corkscrew. I thought "At last, some relaxation with this class...a glass of wine, yeah I can handle that." What we do is lie on our backs with our legs stright in the air, lift our hineys (yeah right) and then rotate our legs first to the left and then to the right. I do it really well as long as the instructor is holding my legs up and moving them for me.

When I get through this class I will be taking my contortionist act on the road. But for now, feel free to watch my yoga class. I DO charge admission.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Rubyslipper wrote:Sure WAM, come on down to Missouri and watch the fat lady scream when her behind muscles cramp up. The new move is called the Corkscrew. I thought "At last, some relaxation with this class...a glass of wine, yeah I can handle that." What we do is lie on our backs with our legs stright in the air, lift our hineys (yeah right) and then rotate our legs first to the left and then to the right. I do it really well as long as the instructor is holding my legs up and moving them for me.

When I get through this class I will be taking my contortionist act on the road. But for now, feel free to watch my yoga class. I DO charge admission.

Ruby I just love your posts. I can just see the yoga classes. LOL
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

oh Rubby

That sounds hillarious, you put a smile on my face !! :P :P

huggles
moonlight x
sleep is not only a dream

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Too funny Ruby! You really paint a good mental image with the yoga, and the mud thing. I've been there with the mud. In the boundary waters with either a canoe on my shoulders or a pack on my front and back (or both) I don't remember. Up to my knees in mud and all people could do was laugh. I had to retrieve those boots, though, 'cuz, well I was in the boundary waters and there was no way to replace them.

I don't do yoga, but the corkscrew/wine thing sounds good.
Susan

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

That's what I thought too, Susan, low lights, nice mat to sit on, a little wine...boy was I deceived! So I just went home and used a real corkscrew to open a bottle of wine. I certainly showed them! Besides, by that time I needed wine really, really badly!

Know what you mean about the boots, too. It's hard to find mud boots in my size; they're all men's sizes. Maybe that's a message that I'm not supposed to need them! Anyway, I always have to retrieve them sooner or later.

I just remembered, I left my new work gloves in the barn last night. We were trying to save two calves. They were in the basement for most of the day on Saturday until they started getting up and leaving little piles of nasty-smelling stuff. One was determined not to suck so I took my gloves off to stick my thumb in his mouth and left my new hot pink gloves in the barn. They are probably trampled under tons of *%$# by now. I really liked those gloves. I knew Kenny wouldn't wear them. At least the calves were saved.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I am always just blown away by how much you do, Ruby. From saving cows in hot pink gloves to RLS Foundation board meetings to the nuances of corkscrews - both on and off the yoga mat - wow.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Yeah, well Ann, I'm afraid my secret is out. I just can't sit still!

Honestly, a lot has been said lately both on this board and privately about all I do. I don't do more than most people and to tell the truth, I never feel I do enough. There's always a good cause out there, something new I want to try or just more work that needs to get done. So many thngs I want to accomplish before I'm no longer able to.

Life is so short that I'm afraid of missing something. It really is a problem for me and I know I need to stop and rest; it's just not easy for me to do.

If you look at the people on this board, it's amazing what all of you do. Just sit down someday and write out a list of all the things you do, that you are in charge of, that people count on you to do and you will be amazed. I'm no one special, maybe just a little hyper with a desire to do whatever anyone needs me to do. (Not a good thing, yes I know!)

But thanks to all of you who have posted recently saying such nice things. It's been a real moral booster.

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Ruby you do alot more than you think and want to thank you for it. You are one amazing woman. I am very fortunate to know you and be one of your friends. Thank you for that.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

KBear

Post by KBear »

Rubyslipper wrote:The new move is called the Corkscrew. I thought "At last, some relaxation with this class...a glass of wine, yeah I can handle that."

Ruby- you are just going to love this, there are a handful of Yoga Instructors/Studios that are doing "Yoga and Wine" classes. Just Google (or insert your favorite search engine hear) "Yoga and Wine and see what comes up. There is a group near me that is doing Yoga and Wine "tours" in Italy.

Another intersting combo that I've seen is "Yoga and Chocolate" :wink:
Kathy