Moving Mayhem

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ViewsAskew

Re: Moving Mayhem

Post by ViewsAskew »

Good heavens - I am so appalled at my writing these days! Missing letters, horrible grammar, egregious syntax...damn RLS, damn lack of sleep, damn drugs....damn, damn, damn!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

How's the unpacking going? Do you like your place?

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Also don't worry about the egregious mistakes! ;)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

No unpacking yet, sadly. We are staying with a friend until we find a place. We had disaster back in Chicago so hubby is still there. Not a major one, but enough that he couldn't come (he was supposed to fly here today) and will not join me until the end of next week. Then we start looking for a place. Once we find one, we go back to Chicago, finish the packing, rent a trailer, and move it all here. I guess it will take me a week to finish packing and throw away/give away the remaining stuff.

I did find homes for of all my house plants and gesneriads. I have not managed to do that for all my stained glass - some, but not nearly all. Most tools are gone, but I have at least 30 full sheets and another 50 partial sheets of glass.

I was getting a bit nervous about renting the condo - the first renter surprised us with her request to move in just a few days after posting it. So, when it was available and I had only had one request - and she said it cost too much - I was wondering if it was going to be harder than I had hoped. But, the day after our first guest moved out, an architect contacted me. He works with a firm that is doing work with the owners of Wrigley Field; he and his colleagues need a place for 5 months! It all worked out and he comes early next week. And, it only is empty, then, for 9 days. YAY!

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Good news!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

To have your condo rented out for 5 months lifts a lot of pressure.
Brilliant :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Of course, now hubby is saying, "Why did you rent it so cheaply?" LOL. I truly just wanted it rented - as long as we break even and I do not lose money, all is OK. Once we have some good reviews, THEN I can raise the price :-).

I am ready to get on with things - find our own place, start making friends, maybe get a job (or dream about being well enough to), and so on.

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

You are sounding so optimistic - Happy Days.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Wonderful! Change has been good for you.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Well, hubby gets here on Thursday. So far, I have felt as if on vacation. I have been visiting Amy for years here. She is my best friend's cousin and I have known her since she was 8 - she is family to me. She bought her first home in CA in the mid 1990s and I have come here at least once a year since.

But, on Thursday, we get to start apartment hunting. It will not be completely real until we move all of our stuff...but it is getting closer!

I started going to a tai chi class on Saturday morning - it is on a bluff that overlooks the ocean. I went to a different class on Sunday morning - it is in a park. I like the Sunday class better, but the Saturday view...that is so awesome. I also joined a book club and started reading the first book. Hope I can finish in time - it is next week. I also joined a political activist group - it includes people from ALL parties - whose focus is on creating fairer elections.

All in all, so far, this was a wonderful choice.

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

A new begimning, so exciting. And with Dr B on your doorstep.
Betty

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Your new activities in a new life sound wonderful. It would be great if your political group could create fairer elections starting with eliminating gerimandering.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yankiwi wrote:Your new activities in a new life sound wonderful. It would be great if your political group could create fairer elections starting with eliminating gerimandering.

I agree about how important that is! Thankfully, I know other groups are working on gerimandering. It is not in the service of democracy, regardless of who is in power - it is in service of keeping those in power to stay in power.

We are focused on one narrow issue - money. We are not pushing any specific agenda, rather to get the states to do what Congress will not and work to create something that is more fair. Nothing is ever completely fair, but we can do better!

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Sounds like you are settling in, I am so happy for you.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

debbluebird wrote:Sounds like you are settling in, I am so happy for you.

Thanks, Deb! On Tuesday I will start the next opioid to test - not looking forward to that! But, who knows, maybe it will work :-).

Managing Your RLS