where is everyone?

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
peanut1

where is everyone?

Post by peanut1 »

I noticed that the boards have been exceptionally quiet lately and I've not seen Ann in a while. Wondering what's going on.
I do see that Steve is holding the fort. thank you Steve!

Rustsmith

Re: where is everyone?

Post by Rustsmith »

I can tell you that Ann is traveling this week and probably does not have access to her computer.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Maybe they are out shopping! I noticed the slow traffic too. Best wishes for Christmas to everyone.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I am here! I had a travel prep day from h-e-double hockeysticks, then a travel day from the same, then a ...well, you get the drift. Thankfully it is all back to normal again. I do think it's usually quieter around the winter holidays. So many people traveling, preparing for company, holiday parties, etc.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I think it is he holiday season that affects traffic, people are busy with other things.. It is generally also quieter on a weekend.

And of course, things happen. For instance.... one month ago we had builders in. Part of the work was taking out a bath and replacing it with a walk in shower. New ceiling ad wall coverings.Two weeks ago I stumbled in the bathroom and felt myself fall backwards. Automatically put my arms back to use the bath to save myself... What bath ?? I fell into and across the shower tray hitting my head and shoulders onto the rear wall. Limbs/hips/lower back landing heavily on the raised edges of the shower tray. Within a couple of days I couldn't use the stairs, I ached generally and had awful sharp pains in my joints down into the legs. Couldn't sit to rest or RLS kicked off. Walking off the RLS was unbelievably painful to hips/knees/neck/shoulders. Tryig to lie in bed and rest was a nightmare (even if there were no RLS symptoms) because it hurt my joints so much.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Betty!!!!! How are you?????

Managing Your RLS

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Betty, that is truly a nightmare for anyone but doubly so for someone with RLS. Hope you are recovering!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thanks folks, I'm more or less ok. Just a bit sore now on hips and knees but that is an ongoing issue anyways.

To add to the mix, my husband got a short notice hospital call offering him a cancelled appointment to go in the next day to have his gall bladder removed. Here in the UK that is an opportunity definitely not to be turned down.
Excellent, keyhole surgery successfully done the next (Wednesday) morning and discharge mid afternoon. Being him, he couldn't wait on the ward and went down to the front door to await my pick-up. Ten minutes from the hospital I got a call from one of the doctors, dear husband had collapsed at the front door. Fortunately paramedics were nearby and he was 're-admitted'. Tests showed nothing, all clear, so it seems it may have been a drop in blood pressure, an after effect from the general anaesthetic..... and also his oxygen levels were low.

Happily he got home last night, and yes, he waited on the ward until I arrived. Now on 'light duties'.
I am now Matron in the Light Duties Nursing Home. And she can be a crabby old girl !! Just kidding.

None of us know what is around that next corner. He could have hit his head as he fell.
Everyone take care of yourselves.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Excellent reminder of how fleeting and fragile things can be - just as they can be enduring. You never know.

May the holiday season be a reminder to all of us to be grateful for the good, generous, gracious, and giving in our lives (couldn't stop myself that alliteration, lol, once I got started).

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

''grateful for the good, generous, gracious and giving''
Just love that :)
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:''grateful for the good, generous, gracious and giving''
Just love that :)

:thumbup:

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Oh Betty, I hope the two of you are feeling better. He probably has a a lifting restriction for awhile. I have been losing my balance some lately. We must all try to be as careful as possible. I am almost done with my bending restrictions, but I have been dropping everything. Using my reacher to pick stuff up.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

deb - have to say that just 7 days on, my dh is recovering from gall bladderkeyhole surgery wonderfully well and feels he is just about back to full fettle.

However.... he did find that the waistband of his jeans was just a bit too close to one of the incisions for comfort. On Boxing Day/26 December I popped over to one of the larger supermarkets that was open and bought a pair of track bottoms/joggers so as to provide an elastic waist. He is most definitely not a 'track bottom' type of person but it was comfort that we sought. I could only find a pair that had cuffs at the ankles. Well, yes, he found comfort. There was also enough room around the rear end that could have stored several bags of spuds and they tapered in very closely at the calves. The crotch was somewhere near mid thigh. Not an attractive look. Within an hour the fabric had stretched and sagged in every direction. Given that he doesn't own a pair of trainers the best look was found by just wearing his slippers.... he never wears his slippers.

Cheap (very cheap) and cheerful (actually more like hysterical) is about the best description I can think of. Definitely not for public viewing.
Betty

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

deb, do take care of yourself. It's good to hear that your bending restrictions are almost done. A reacher is a wonderful aid but it'll be great when you can manage withut it.
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thanks for the laugh!

Managing Your RLS