Energy Saving Products & Hacks

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
yawny

Energy Saving Products & Hacks

Post by yawny »

I’m always looking for hacks for household chores because my energy isn’t what it used to be, from lack of sleep. I found something so incredible that I had to share it with you all. It’s a scrub brush that attaches to your cordless drill, and you can use it to more easily clean your bathtub, shower, sink, tile floor, windows, car, etc. I first saw it on one of those Buzzfeed lists of products that everyone should have. You can buy it on Amazon, and there are a few versions of the brushes that are of different stiffnesses. I started with white, the softest, and it worked really well but I just ordered the yellow set too. The yellow is recommended for bathrooms and would have cleaned my tub faster than the white. At Amazon, you’ll see what colors are recommended for types of cleaning.

The only negatives I found...the drill can be heavy after some time, and takes some wrist strength. And the drill can overheat, but I think most of these negatives are because I did so many passes on stubborn gunk, and was using the wrong stiffness (white). Overall the experience with the drillbrush was so much better than just regular old elbow grease. It took less time, there was no cursing, and my tub looks like new.

This link will take you to a page with all the brushes, but yellow is selected, so be sure to choose the color you want:

https://amzn.to/2GacXCO

ViewsAskew

Re: Energy Saving Products & Hacks

Post by ViewsAskew »

Interesting. I have seen them, too, but never tried one.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I've never seen/noticed these before.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

yawny

Post by yawny »

Ann & Betty, I thought the brushes and application were kind of garish when I first saw them but then I read the reviews of Amazon customers and I was convinced to buy them. Out of all my household chores, scrubbing things has become the task I least want to do and my bathtub shows it. Well it used to. I used the brushdrill today for the first time and it was a joy to scrub my bathtub. Another fun thought was all the other things I could clean with it. Wow, this is what my life has come to? :lol:

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

I love my cordless vacuum cleaner. Using a corded vacuum cleaner was such a chore I sometimes left my floors dirty too long or just used a broom on my wooden floors. Now I might use my cordless one several times a day for maybe only a minute at a time. It has made a huge differenceto me and my house.
I have a battery operated scrub brush a little bigger than a toothbrush which is great for hard to clean places such as around sink drains.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I've had a cordless vacuum cleaner for several years and love it. The old corded one is in the garage but if my corded cleaner died I'd be straight out for a new one, never mind the old one in the garage.

However, with regard to the drill brushes to clean the bath it seems like work to me. Our bath tub gets a wipe round after use and never needs anything more.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Solid soap leaves scum, shower get doesn't, that's an easy way to save work.

I gave away both of my corded vacuum cleaners (one for each floor) but still have a shop vac in the shed if I really need to use one.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

yawny wrote:I used the brushdrill today for the first time and it was a joy to scrub my bathtub. Another fun thought was all the other things I could clean with it. Wow, this is what my life has come to? :lol:
Lol.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.