Stay Safe!

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Pianomom3355

Re: Stay Safe!

Post by Pianomom3355 »

I am enjoying my idle time.....getting the garden beds weeded and ready to plant cool weather crops, practicing piano, and watching movies.
I am trying to figure out how to teach my private piano students virtually....I will probably have to have some help from parents, i.e., holding
a cell phone or camera and keeping Junior on task! But we will give it a try. I think piano practice will be good for the kids during this
weird time off from school.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Pianomom3355 wrote:I am enjoying my idle time.....getting the garden beds weeded and ready to plant cool weather crops, practicing piano, and watching movies.
I am trying to figure out how to teach my private piano students virtually....I will probably have to have some help from parents, i.e., holding
a cell phone or camera and keeping Junior on task! But we will give it a try. I think piano practice will be good for the kids during this
weird time off from school.
Was just reading how important music is to the brain. My grandmother taught piano, my grandfather played in a jazz band while he took classes at the Art Institute of Chicago. I am SO grateful for all the music lessons, theory, and composition I was exposed to. Wish all kids had this opportunity.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

mack

Post by mack »

badnights,

Thank you for your explanation. I was obviously misinformed.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

badnights wrote:
mack wrote: I know you can't discuss religion here, but it is the foundation of our approach to this.
Mack, to amplify Steve's response to you a bit: there's a link to our Forum rules at the top of every page (in the pink bar); or, here. If you read it, you will notice we don't even mention religion.We don't allow selling of anything, nor hatred or abuse of others. Religion is a great source of comfort and motivation to many people, and on this Forum, we discuss what helps us. Religion is often one of those things. However, if someone goes over the line and starts proselytizing, then they're in contravention of the no-selling rule. If someone starts insulting others for not following the same religion, then they're in contravention of the no-abuse rule. Your posts can delve more into the foundation of your approach to life and dealing with WED/RLS without crossing those lines.

Rules are tough to interpret, aren't they? I take our rules to say that we talk ONLY about RLS. As such, if someone invokes their religion in relation to how it supports them, but talks primarily about RLS, it's OK to mention. But, to have a post that is primarily about religion, would cross a line.

We are not all religious. Some of us are different types of religious. We have to be careful.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Yikes of course we are here to talk only about WED/RLS!
I take our rules to say that we talk ONLY about RLS. As such, if someone invokes their religion in relation to how it supports them, but talks primarily about RLS, it's OK to mention.
I thought that was a given but it would have been best to mention it. The purpose of our board is explained in the subtitle: "To enhance the quality of life for individuals with RLS and their families." We have no other purpose.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

badnights wrote:Yikes of course we are here to talk only about WED/RLS!
I take our rules to say that we talk ONLY about RLS. As such, if someone invokes their religion in relation to how it supports them, but talks primarily about RLS, it's OK to mention.
I thought that was a given but it would have been best to mention it. The purpose of our board is explained in the subtitle: "To enhance the quality of life for individuals with RLS and their families." We have no other purpose.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I hope all of us are safe and well.

It is 4 weeks since I've been in a shop, our supermarket shop is delivered about every 2 weeks and serves us well.
Most days we take a walk but at least every two days.
Surprisingly even after 4 weeks isolation I still haven't found the days too long although I do sort of grasshopper from one task to another. At the moment the ironing board is up and has been left half done when I got side tracked to check on an expected email. Which in turn led me here to our Discussion Board.
The cars need washed.... keep putting that one off.... the garden needs watered and will definitely see to that one this evening.

It helps that we have a multi whats app thing going where on a Saturday evening at 6.30pm the family get together, can see each other. There are 7 adults and not much order to it as there are also 4 kiddies that start to be silly and show off, so chaos reigns... lol

I think of those alone, I also think of those isolated with others and the frustrations that this can bring.
We need tolerance and understanding for and of each other.

We can only do what is best for ourselves and those we love while we are isolated, whatever it takes to get us through this unusual time.
I hope everyone is getting through their isolation as easily as is possible and making the most of all this free time. :D
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:I hope all of us are safe and well.

It is 4 weeks since I've been in a shop, our supermarket shop is delivered about every 2 weeks and serves us well.
Most days we take a walk but at least every two days.
Surprisingly even after 4 weeks isolation I still haven't found the days too long although I do sort of grasshopper from one task to another. At the moment the ironing board is up and has been left half done when I got side tracked to check on an expected email. Which in turn led me here to our Discussion Board.
The cars need washed.... keep putting that one off.... the garden needs watered and will definitely see to that one this evening.

It helps that we have a multi whats app thing going where on a Saturday evening at 6.30pm the family get together, can see each other. There are 7 adults and not much order to it as there are also 4 kiddies that start to be silly and show off, so chaos reigns... lol

I think of those alone, I also think of those isolated with others and the frustrations that this can bring.
We need tolerance and understanding for and of each other.

We can only do what is best for ourselves and those we love while we are isolated, whatever it takes to get us through this unusual time.
I hope everyone is getting through their isolation as easily as is possible and making the most of all this free time. :D
Well-said, Betty!

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

We are good in out little town of 600. No cases of the virus here, even though the rest of the state has many. The snow has finally melted, so now I'll feel better about walking outside.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Today is day 28 of New Zealand's lockdown. Only supermarkets, pharmacies and gas stations are open. It's very strict. Only New Zealand citizens and permanent residents are allowed to come in to the country and then they must stay in a hotel room (paid for by the taxpayers) for two weeks. Five of them who came in recently have tested positive so it's good they coudn't just roam around when they got here. The lockdown will ease up a little next week but most of my friends aren't game enough to do more than we can now for at least a while. I haven't seen a human in a week but that's okay with phone calls and FaceTime.
My best friend died at home two days ago from pancreatic cancer. She had a daughter-in-law who went to live with her and her husband as soon as the lockdown was announced. None of her friends or four children could visit but when her time was very short the children ignored the lockdown and went to her side. I feel so sorry for sick and dying people who are alone and their families.
Take care everybody.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yankiwi, so sad for your friend's family having to stay away. I fully understand close family ignoring the lockdown.

Our nephew who works in a care home stayed off work when he developed a cold. The newly launched mobile testing unit went to his house yesterday and he was told today that he has tested positive, starting to feel better and seems to have had a mild case. It is thought that his little two year old might have it but the unit said she is too young for testing. His brother who works in the same care home has tested clear.

Deb said she also lost her close friend recently. A difficult time with no opportunity to share the grieving.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yankiwi - so hard to lose a best friend...and then not to be there. Glad her family went anyway.

Betty, hopw your nephew improves quickly.

Managing Your RLS

badnights

Post by badnights »

I haven't touched or been touched by another human being since March 18 :(
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

I really miss my friends. Phone calls, Zoom and Facetime are not the same.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

badnights wrote:I haven't touched or been touched by another human being since March 18 :(
I feel very fortunate to be with a partner.

Managing Your RLS