Biggest fear

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
badnights

Re: Biggest fear

Post by badnights »

I hope it all works out. Moving can be so stressful. It's good you're trying to line up doctors beforehand!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Another factor regarding my sleep apnea is that I'm going from 8,100 ft to 5,000 ft in altitude. My central sleep apnea should decrease. I also get depressed during the long winters here. That should lift too. Less stress.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hope you are both happy there, Deb. And, definitely good luck funding a doc.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I moved to Albuquerque yesterday. It was a long day. It's been about a month since I started packing. My legs have been going quite a bit since then. I have been taking an extra half tablet of my muscle relaxant and that seems to do the trick. Once I get settled in, I hope they will calm down
So all that I am taking is methadone 5 mg, one at noon and the other at bedtime. Muscle relaxant Tizanidine 2 mg tablets. I take one half tab at bedtime, a second half tab in the middle of the night. This seems to be working.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Glad it is working! With your back issues, I wonder how much they influence the RLS/WED - and that the muscle relaxer helps because of that. It's great that it does.

Let us know how Albuquerque is. At one time I thought of retiring to that area. Right now we will likely stay here, but always good to hear about other places.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I went to High school in Albuquerque. At that time, 8 years. Then in 1996 moved there again for 15 more years. I love it here. I am near Old Town, Down town and the Zoo. I wanted out of the winter cold and high altitude. My blood pressure should be better.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

debbluebird wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:03 am
I went to High school in Albuquerque. At that time, 8 years. Then in 1996 moved there again for 15 more years. I love it here. I am near Old Town, Down town and the Zoo. I wanted out of the winter cold and high altitude. My blood pressure should be better.
I definitely have had enough of winter. My biggest concern about moving is finding a doctor!

Managing Your RLS

badnights

Post by badnights »

Sounds lovely, Deb!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Here in N Ireland we don't have extreme winters but oh I do envy your sunshine. I hope you are very happy.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I have three primary doctor appointments lined up for next week. I will cancel those I don't need. So far everything seems to be working out. I see the oncology doctor this coming Friday. I had a Covid test last week because I was sick and one on Monday and because it's a different state, the oncology appointment required the test. Both tests were negative.
I am getting settled and I feel like the worst is over.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Good to hear your second covid test was negative.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I saw my new oncologist today. I really like him. The first appointment that I have with a primary doctor, is Monday October 19th. She is in the same hospital system as he oncologist. The oncologist told me that she will take me as a patient. I canceled the other two appointments with the other primaries. He told me that no New Mexico primary doctors will prescribe methadone. They do not have the license or certificate to do that. He made an appointment with the pain clinic so they are the ones that will handle the methadone. He said that most likely they will try to get me off of the methadone and do alternative medications or therapies. So it is out of my hands. I'm giving it to the archangels and God. He prescribed me some cream that has ibuprofen in it for my spasms. Also he mentioned acupuncture and some other holistic healing therapies. So we will see.
He also said that I have to lose 30 lbs and then another 40 lbs. This is because that fat promotes hormones which promotes breast cancer. So I am on a strict regimen of diet and exercise.
My leg spasms and leg cramps have been really bad the last few days. I think it is because I've been more active. So I have had to take extra muscle relaxants.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Having such a good reason to lose weight is quite the incentive.
I really need to lose weight also.
Do you find there is a particular time where you would overeat. Mine is during the night when I go grazing. The light on the fridge is on off on off .... you’d think I was performing on stage.

Good luck with your medication changes. I h hi joe your new doctors are encouraging and supportive.
Betty

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

Polar Bear wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:45 am
...Do you find there is a particular time where you would overeat. Mine is during the night when I go grazing. The light on the fridge is on off on off ...
LOL. Sounds like me.
Blessings,
Holland

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I don't eat at night, really. I used to do that years ago when I first started being up at night. Now I just eat too large of portions. Also ice cream calls my name. I could eat it twice a day.
I am going to use the "Lose It" app. I have used it before and it is eady to use. I am going to focus on low carb, but I am not going to eliminate fruit. I love it too much.
I walked today, about 3/4 mile.