An understanding dental assistant

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
2BassetMom

An understanding dental assistant

Post by 2BassetMom »

I felt I had to share my good visit to my dentist today. I have been going to this office for about 5 years. I have gotten to know the staff well and really like them. In the past year I have had the same hygienist/assistant work on me and she understands restless legs! She has them too but not as severe as I do. I gave warning to both the assistant and dentist that my legs were really active because of weaning off my Neupro Patch. They asked how they could make me comfortable and I asked that I not be laid back so flat and they accommodated me. During the procedure I was asked how I was doing. So there are caring professionals out there. As the dentist left she told me to take care and the assistant said she hoped I would be past this weaning period soon. What a difference it makes to be cared for in such a manner.

ViewsAskew

Re: An understanding dental assistant

Post by ViewsAskew »

2BassetMom wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:24 am
I felt I had to share my good visit to my dentist today. I have been going to this office for about 5 years. I have gotten to know the staff well and really like them. In the past year I have had the same hygienist/assistant work on me and she understands restless legs! She has them too but not as severe as I do. I gave warning to both the assistant and dentist that my legs were really active because of weaning off my Neupro Patch. They asked how they could make me comfortable and I asked that I not be laid back so flat and they accommodated me. During the procedure I was asked how I was doing. So there are caring professionals out there. As the dentist left she told me to take care and the assistant said she hoped I would be past this weaning period soon. What a difference it makes to be cared for in such a manner.
I love stories such as this. And so happy it happened to you.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thank you for telling us of your experience - heartwarming.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

Your story is another reminder that I should be kind to people whenever I can, because even that small of a thing can make such a big difference in someone's day. I'm glad you had nice people!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

EVogel

Re: An understanding Pedicurist

Post by EVogel »

Your story reminds me if my issues when I try to get a pedicure. I gave been hoi g to the same people for about 13 years. The Vietnamese gentleman, Lee, who takes care of me is very understanding. He stops when my legs get wired and starts to tweak and he give me a little break. I learned that evening appointments are not the best but mornings or mid day! Scheduling my pedicure and manicure (usually done simultaneously to save time) just got a little harder to do! But I am blessed to gave this team taking care of me!