Been a Great Summer

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
bradyferguson

Been a Great Summer

Post by bradyferguson »

firstly hello to all i have not spoken to for a while.

Im still fighting the battle to get proper treatment for the RLS for all that are interested. But it is a fight that I am learning a great deal from.

As some of you may know i recently reunited with my mother after being away for 20+ years. our relationship has been better than i could have imagined. My mother is undergoing chemo therapy to treat her limphoma. But here spirt has never been better. I believe that my 2 daughters have fufulled a lifetime of my expectations over the course of this summer.

I traveled several times to my mothers house to visit with her and on one occasion i took my daughter Brianne with me. As my wife and i have 3 dogs and a cat as well as 2 girls 2 years and 7 weeks old traveling as a family is not much of an option.

To see my daughter Brianne meeting all of her family members whom we both never even knew we had was briliant. Brianne has definatly been the conduit in many of my new relationships with lost family. Its funny how well a 2 year old can be as a teacher. It was truly the first time that I felt as much pride as I did. Did not even know it was possible to feel that proud. since meeting up with my mom i have now met a new aunt and her beautiful family. With 2 second cousins. My half brother and 2 of my full brothers that I was astranged to.

Never before have i felt so strong emotionally. As i met all these new family members is was as if i was meeting another alie. The stregnth that a family can generate is amazing.

It really feels good to be able to celabrate your life with people who have a genuine interest. An interest that only comes from family. I am only now learning the meaning of family. Funny ..... I dont know how i could have ever lived with out them. its is not as if i have found something that I had lost but more that I have back what once was.

Later

Brady

becat

Hi Brady

Post by becat »

Hi Brady,
Wow, what a wonderful post.
Congrats on the new little girl. It's a girl! I hope both Mommy and Baby are doing well.
I'm so happy for you. I know how much your relationship with your mom means to you. Just so wonderful to hear it's going well. My thoughts and prayers are with her for a healthy recovery.
Family is so important. I'm lucky to have a big one, one that includes many that are not blood relatives, but family just the same. Several from this site and it's membership. You included.
I'm sorry to hear that your still in the fight about the RLS. You know I've thought about you often. You knew it won't be easy, but I'm glad you still have the spirit.
Be well, visit again, keep us up to date.......will you?
Many hugs to you and the family.

bradyferguson

Post by bradyferguson »

thank you lyn for the condolances. yes Martina and baby are doing great. I have been off for 3-4 months of the summer as I am on parental leave. Just means that i get to hang with my kids and all the while getting paid. so i took off 3 months or so and martina took the remaining 9 months. Here we get 1 year between the 2 parents so we can split it 6 months each or i take 3 and martina takes the rest. It is our choice.

please dont feel badly that I am still struggeling with my doctors. I have basically fired my gp and I will only deal with the specalist wrt the RLS. He will make his recomondations to me very shortly....by the end of the month.

But I may even still want to hold off before going to the pain meds. It is a scary leap for me as it is my last leap. and well if they dont work well I
am sh.t out of luck. During a recient sleep study I was also diagnosed with sleep apnea. Talk about the full meal deal eh. So i say sleep apnea smapnea. it is no mystery to me that i dont get proper sleep, so weather it is sleep apnea RLS and PLMD i really dont give 2 craps. It all has the same effect.

And as far as raising a stink about how they have dealt with my situation in the military I have been relentless in making my doctors accountable for there desisions with an endless supply of paperwork.

I recently challenged my doctor after he recomended that I take effexor for my RLS. His belief is that I have an anxiety disorder that is manifesting itself in my RLS. Of course I know this to be crap so i told him that I would go along with his recommondation to use effexor if he could provide me with the documentation to back up what he was saying. needless to say i am not taking effexor. My voice is still strong and will hold its course. I accept no compromise.

Well my dear

been great hearing from u

and would love to chat at you sometime.....

or just pm me your phone number again and I will give you a call

Later

Brady

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Hey Dude, So good to here from you, sounds like you are doing great and I am so happy to here about your family, My youngest daughter just had a baby girl in March, I havent got to meet her yet but soon I hope. Hope you stick around for a while but you are probably busy with the new baby~~~~~~~~~~~GOD bLESS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Congrats Brady on the new baby!

I'm so glad everyone is doing well.

I'm a Veterans Rep at the college i work at. I'm sure I don't have to tell you to be wary of military docs.

Anyhoo, I wish you and your family peace, joy, and love!

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

IanFraughton

Post by IanFraughton »

Hey Bud!

Nice to see a post from you again and to hear things are working out for you with your family at least. Yes the battle goes on doesn't it soldier... :roll: But greatfull to hear you got your sleep study, and maybe there is something they can do now that they have more info. Mine is the 26th in Kelowna(50mins south) and wonder how its going to go as far as falling asleep in a strange bed and such.lol Oh well, will have to try anyways to see whats going on when I "sleep".

Nice to hear about your new little girl. I'm sure your still wearing a s*** eating grin from ear to ear. :wink: Good for you my friend, I'm now wondering if maybe that's the one thing missing from my life that I should think about in the near future. The new girlfriend has two daughters 5 and 3 so I will have kids later but one of my own would be kinda neat.

Anyways, glad your back and hope things get better for you sleep wise. Keep up the fight and stay in touch.

Peace 8)

Ian
I call my pacing the "Waltz of the Damned". Anyone care to dance...?