Halloween. wwhhhooooo .....

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Polar Bear

Halloween. wwhhhooooo .....

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi everyone.
It's Halloween weekend. There are lots of kiddies parties on and our grandchildren are superexcited to have two parties. Dad is dressed as a superhero and has the taken the two hotshot dgc 7 and 5 to the party this afternoon in the village hall. Mum is currently getting dressed up as a witch and they are all going tonight to a friend's party where the dgc will get to stay up until they drop.
Being oldies dh and I will have an ordinary Saturday evening celebrating with the apple pie that I baked this morning. Our decorations consist of 3 pumpkins artfully placed by the rocks in the front garden. A few small packets of chocolate should anyone come to trick n treat.
That will do us.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Yankiwi

Re: Halloween. wwhhhooooo .....

Post by Yankiwi »

When I was a child I loved Halloween, it was my favourite holiday. Starting the day after we started planning our costumes for the following year.

I'm an American expat living in New Zealand. Halloween is just starting to become entrenched but for my first few decades here it did not exist. I guess it is being driven by shops wanting to sell decorations and candy.

I live in the country and have no neighbours (which I love) so I don't get trick or treaters but in tomorrow's gym classes we are invited to dress up—more sales for shops but I'm happy with that.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I always loved Halloween. We dressed up and had parties every year.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Twenty five years ago, I had a business trip in mid October to far eastern Russia. Two years earlier the Russians had learned about western Halloween and very quickly adopted it. They love any excuse to party. I had to leave the day before and all the Russians that I was dealing with were disappointed that we would not be there to participate in their parties.

These days, I live in a retirement community. The community hosted a pre-school group on Saturday where the kids got to go door-to-door in a safe community, just like we used to in the old days.
Steve

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

We've had 6 trick n treat visits this evening. Wee ones from about 3 years old up to about 7 years old, with mum or dad hovering on the pavement. We 're almost out of candy. Opened a multipack of crisps (chips) and some kitkats. And still tomorrow night to go!!
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Polar Bear wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:21 pm
We've had 6 trick n treat visits this evening. Wee ones from about 3 years old up to about 7 years old, with mum or dad hovering on the pavement. We 're almost out of candy. Opened a multipack of crisps (chips) and some kitkats. And still tomorrow night to go!!
That's interesting. Here it's just on Oct 31st, that kids go out door to door. The parties are on the weekend near Oct 31st. Then there are the haunted houses. 👻