Merry Christmahanuhkwanzaaramada

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
becat

Merry Christmahanuhkwanzaaramada

Post by becat »

I'm using Neph's Holiday Greetings from last year. Who couldn't love it and so many in the ad world have copied him.......Neph, I'm sure that they are working on getting your check in the mail. LOL

Merry Christmahanuhkwanzaaramada!!!!!!

It's been more than a year to remember, being blessed with the people in my life that make it loving, educational and worth living it. Having the kind of people on this board that care, share, and support one another. What gifts we give and get that never need wrapping.

I thank each of you for your support and you cyber hugs, the love. I am a different woman and I know that so many of you here are apart of that. I am stronger, wiser, and more sure that I'm never alone. I know that I'm warmed everytime I see us reach out to someone new.

To everyone here, your rowing is helping us all, we are getting somewhere, and better yet, together. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. And never forget that the moon shines on all of us making sure that we are never really alone.
God Bless you all in your travels, be safe, and come home to us.
Love you all.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thank you, Becat. Best wishes to you, and to everyone.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Peace. love and understanding to all my friends (along with a restful night!) The wonderful thing about all of this is that we can each celebrate the season in different ways or not at all and still remain friends; friends that think friendship is more important than how you celebrate the season or if you don't.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Hiya Ruby, hi Ann, hi becat.

A Woody Allen DVD, two pocketknives, $90.00, a frame with a note in it and a new Dell.

That's what I/we got for Christmas.

My oldest kid and his wife are due for their first baby in March, it's gonna be a girl and they're naming her Olivia Grace. So on Christmas, my Sister gives me a nice Frame and in the frame it's written..."Reserved for Olivia Grace and Grandpa".

I'm thinking, yeah...that's a good idea. We'll get my Dad and the baby together, take a picture and frame it. Then it hit me...
I"m the "Grandpa" that's supposed to be in the picture with Olivia Grace.

It's going to take a while for that to sink in.

Overall, what a great Christmas. Kids were happy, great to see both sides of the family and life is going on for everyone. I caught my nephew hiding in the back room, talking on his cell phone to his new squeeze...while his current squeeze is in the kitchen with the girls. But, it was nice knowing her. My Dad read the story of the birth of Jesus before we opened up the presents and afterwards, my Mom directed her stern speech at us...with tears. She thought she had told everyone not to get her anything, and she knows none of us can afford it and why do we keep going against her wishes and buying her these gifts? JJ had to get up and go to work while meantime the "kids" are playing some card game screaming their lungs out and we're going..."SHHHHH!!". And I sat and listened to my Brother's wife...oh boy...and kept looking around the room for someone to save me. Only thing missing was my younger brother Mark and his kids, Declan, Shamus and Alexis...all characters. Oh yeah, did I mention...THE BEARS WON! Clinched the Division and a first round bye.

And...we got a new computer. Does my post look any better than it used to?

Hope everyone had a great one...and Happy New Year to everyone.

God Bless, Randy

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Randy, your Christmas sounds wonderful and typical for most of us! Mine was wonderful also. All the kids were here even our youngest daughter's boyfriend (who will be a family member one day, I'm sure). My Mom and Dad were here Christmas Eve and everybody was at their house Christmas Day. Don't really care about the presents. If my family is there, that's the best present of all. I did get a beautiful computer DESK (that isn't put together yet :evil: ) so while your post may look different to others, it's the same for me! But we did get one present that is pretty special. Our oldest daughter told us Christmas Eve that they are pregnant. After doing a dance around the kitchen..... So I know how you are feeling, it's not real for me yet and won't be until that little critter gets here. She lost a baby about this time last year so I'm trying not to get too excited. CAN YOU TELL!!!!! Anyway, hope 2006 is a great one for everyone. I'm gonna put the hammer down and haul on outa here! This here's the Rubyslipper, 10-4!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Post by Guest »

Hi Becat, Ruby, Ann, Randy (I've met three out of four of you).

Becat, I had to laugh when I saw your post Subject. I'm still laughing.

Ruby, you must have aged drastically in the past year. You didn't look like a grandmother candidate when I saw you.

Ann, I don't pop in here too often anymore, but I saw that 'dressing down' you received awhile ago. Hope you're not smarting too much from that.

Randy, for Christmas I got my two front teeth. Literally. I had to have a couple of crowns replaced over the holidays. Oh, the personal things we can tell on the web.

The reason I don't visit here much anymore is twofold: one, I'm just too danged busy; two, I am one of the fortunate ones who has developed a semblance of control over RLS by diet and exercise. I wish it would work for all.

Wishing you all a prosperous 2006 and a providence of extremity serenity.

nephriticus

Guest ?

Post by nephriticus »

I never understood why one can pay $120 a night for a hotel room and management insists you are a 'guest'.

Anyway, that last post was from Neph. Don't know why it showed as 'Guest'. I was shown as logged in and my name appeared as an online member. Not like it's the first time that happened to me, tho'.

Neph
Neph
Currently RLS free. Symptoms stopped almost abruptly after my long term, full time care giving duties ended with passing of wife. No stress, no RLS.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Neph, it is SOOO good to hear from you! I'm glad things are going well with you on the RLS front. And SIR! Your comments on my youthful appearance were VERY well received!!! (As I flutter my eyelashes!!) Honestly I'm very excited. I hope you continue to drop in from time to time. I miss hearing from you. At least I have a picture of you, Ann, Lynne and I together (maybe Mike is in it too). It's a treasure. Hope 2006 is wonderful for you. Love Ruby

becat

Hello Again

Post by becat »

Hello to all,
Neph, I thought you'd like that. Although I believe in Christmas being Christmas, I just had to use your greetings from last year. See, your not fotgotten and you are always missed.
extremity serenity? Not a phrase I understand this year, catch up with me later on that one. LOL
Ruby, I'm still waiting on a copy of that picture. What a group we make, young, attractive, and funny, charming.....etc all that good stuff. I love it, Ruby a Grandma. That is wonderful and I will surely keep your daughter in my prayers. Grandma and Grandpa, Bet K. is loving it as well.
Thought I'd pass on something about Christmas gifts. BTW, we had a wonderful time with the family (20+, in one house). Great food, cards til late in the night, and just fun times.
In our family we do a joke gift called "bubba clause". Our gift to the family was a play on Hubby's surgery this summer. Cutting pieces of rawhide (small) and sealing them into a small jar of water. Label "giving you a piece of my heart, as in heart valve. It was a riot. Yes, we told the truth about it after some time passed to let them think about it.
The best Joke gift was from one of my brothers to my hubby......RLS restraints (sp?) for me. Large ropes to tied me down to the mattress. Now, you gotta love that. I educated the family in some part this year. LOL
Love to all, be well.

Post by Guest »

Rubyslipper wrote: At least I have a picture of you, Ann, Lynne and I together (maybe Mike is in it too).

Hey good buddy, I wanna see that picture too! I haven't met any of you yet.
Not that I haven't figured out what you all look like, just by your messages...I just want to confirm my hunches. (heh)
Anyway...is there a place on the Web where you guys post the pics from the conventions?

Ok..keep the petal to the metal.
Randy

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Neph, so glad you stopped by. Like so many others, I sure do miss your witty self, but am sure happy you have no need of us. And, thank you, more than you can know, for publicly caring.

Glad to hear about people's Christmas celebrations. Ruby, you must be so thrilled. I'll throw in my thoughts for a wonderful outcome this time. Randy, it would be interesting to put you to the test. You write a description of what you think we look like and send it to us, then we'll send you the pic. :P .

Extremity serenity for 2006 - it's my new motto.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Good one, Ann! Randy ol' CB buddy, you tell us what you think we look like and I will send a picture to you. I will make copies (forgot I was supposed to do that) and send to anyone who wants them. Just PM me with your address and I'll get them out. BUT in fair play, if Randy does his part, we have to describe what we think HE looks like (if he wants us to) then he can send a picture to US! Thanks for all the good wishes on being grandparents. I have so many ideas floating around in my head of things I want to do! Gotta wait awhile first. See how it goes.

mikeyvon

Hi you all

Post by mikeyvon »

I noticed the last few posts were from all the people I met in Long Beach....Becat, Neph, Kathy, Ann. So Happy New Year to you all. And it's a funny thing, I was flashing through the pictures on my computer the other day and noticed the ones of us in California. I think I E-mailed them to a few of you but I can't remember who. I was also thinking of you all last week when I confirmed my flight to LA to visit my brother (He met you all last year at the meeting). So the best to ya and have fun in 2006.

Mike

Walking After Midnight

Re: Hi you all

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Hold on now.
You ladies think I'm going to try and guess how you look...you got another thing coming. That sounds like a great way for someone (more specifically ME) to win the "Number One JERK of the Message Board" award. Not that I don't think you're all probably very lovely women, However, I know I will say SOMETHING that SOMEONE won't like.
Oh no sister...not me.
Ask my wife, I do it all the time...say something that sounds perfectly appropriate to me, (and probably any other person of the male gender) even complimentary, and then immediately get that penetrating stare that says..."You Are An Idiot".

Hey, how about if I guess your ages and weights too? See what I mean?
I only LOOK stupid.

Heh heh.

Randy

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Okay, okay Randy you made your point. I know in your mind we are all these gorgeous, witty women so we'll leave it at that. But I will send pictures to you. I forgot to say that it would have to be snail mail so if anyone wants copies, PM your mailing address. Mike, bless you, we missed you SOOO much in Orlando. We talked about you several times. You and Neph are part of our "family" even though you didn't get to come. Our family is growing and that is a wonderful thing. I hope you are doing well. I know you email Becat once in awhile and if you ever have time, I'd like to hear from you also. Email is a great thing but it is really nice to be able to put a face to a name. Talk at ya' later, good buddies! (Okay, bet you're all tired of the CB talk, but Randy started it!)