It's cold. . .brrrrrr

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

OMG Randy!

Half of me is laughing and the other half is mortified! :shock: :lol:

First of all YUK!

I don't know what I would have done either....the gluey traps should be taken off the market then....

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Speaking of butterflies, I can't wait until summer gets here. Okay, okay, but it makes as much sense as WAM's story about mice!!! (Although gross, it was funny!) So I guess this is stories to tell on cold winter nights, huh? Well, here's one. It's 25 degrees here (not too cold compared to some) but we have a cow that won't let her calf suck. Do you have any idea how cold those udders get at 25 degrees with calf slobbers on them and you can't wear gloves because then you can't squeeze the milk out for the calf? When you do get the milk going the calf can't figure out which end it's supposed to go to. So it's at Momma's head end while I'm at Momma's tail end. Momma finally figures out that something isn't quite right so she starts swishing her tail which is covered in VERY cold you know what which hits you right in the face. Anyone want to trade places?
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

becat

Post by becat »

Ok I'll take the mice!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I'll take the book, coverlet and cuppa on my nice cozy couch :lol: I'm not crazy, afterall!

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

OMG---Randy, I'm scared to death of mice. I know, it's ridiculous, but true. And, Ruby--I would probably get kicked to death by the cow and touching the udder---UGH! Even in warm weather. So, Ann---move over! I'm with you on the nice, warm couch!

Jannie
No one is alone who had friends.

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Penguin..."Yuk"? That cracks me up.
Haven't heard that one for awhile. Think that's Yuk, how about the calf slobbers on the udders? Sick.

I think what we're all trying to say, (except maybe becat and Ann, who seem pretty content) is that this winter is getting to us. This winter is like one of those TBS movies. Have you ever noticed how Cable TV takes a pretty good 90 minute movie and turns it into a three hour ordeal? Every movie is like a Chopped UP Ben-Hur. We were watching a documentary on Discovery the other day about a crazy and confused Grizzly Bear Advocate (i guess?) and at one point towards the middle of the film, they were showing commercials every three minutes. I'm not lying...and this time I'm not even exaggerating. It was infuriating. You know, you can't even keep track of what the HECK the movie is about. I can't anyway, but then, I'm like that guy who has the seven-second memory. See that guy? He can't remember anything that happened more than seven seconds ago. I think...it was on Discovery so it was hard to follow. I've been watching A LOT of TV lately.
But you know, the greatest minds in Science, Math, Poetry, Music...whatever, have the advantage of an exceptional memory. Which makes our friend up there with the seven second memory kind of a bore.

Man, I just wanna get on the lawn tractor, or sit out on the back deck and drink a glass of iced tea...throw the football around.
Taking the train to Chicago on Saturday to the Art Institute if it's not too cold...so that'll provide some relief. Can't wait.

becat

Post by becat »

7 second memory? What were we talking about? LOL
WAM, in my defense, it's been daggggguuuuummmm summer in Dallas all winter. I need a good freeze for about two weeks to get ride of bugs and weeds, not to mention everything here is either blooming or dying and allergies are out of this world.......and I can't take anything for them.
Trust me I love playing in the dirt and my garden is calling me. I have great plans for it this year. The neighbor witch will just croak (she hates life, it's not just me or my garden).
sweet potatoes are a crawling vine, pretty purple flowers, and I think a topiary is just what I need to make it all wonderful. LOL
I'll tell you what, I have two blankets to crochette and then I'll make one just for you. Tell me the colors and I'll make you a personal warmer for the next winter.
Penguin Yuk was a better word than I used LOL! Ruby, you know I'd work with you, but I'm not doing anything that requires those gloves!LOL

Walking After Midnight

becat wrote:7 second memory? What were we talking about? LOL
WAM,
I'll tell you what, I have two blankets to crochette and then I'll make one just for you. Tell me the colors and I'll make you a personal warmer for the next winter.

Hold everything...wait a minute. Did I read this right?
Me?

becat

Post by becat »

yes, I said I'll make you a personal size warm cozy blanket just for you.
You'll have to give me some time, as I work slowly and I have one other blanket request from my brother. BUT if you will tell me what colors and how tall you are I will make my sweet, WAM a blanket...................

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Ruby for 18 years I did that cow thingy....so NOPE won't trade with ya! :lol: :lol:

it might make it to 40 today! WE'RE HAVIN A HEAT WAVE....w00t!

and then the COLD SNAP is headed in for the weekend...*sigh*....

Yes, I do like the word yuk...it has so many meanings and can be applied to so many situations....another would be "icky". :lol:

have a good day all
loves ya
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hi Becat

I wish I could send you some cold weather, sweetie! Although, it's starting to get warmer now. YEAH! Randy, "yuk" is a standard word in my vocabulary, too--and "ick"--and "gag a maget"---how's THAT one for you! :lol:

Hi Penguin!

Have a good day in the "rat race"---oh, sorry--I mentioned a rodent :lol: Take care of yourself, honey!

YES, I'M SICK OF WINTER. Although it's been pretty mild here, too--for the most part.

You guys crack me up!!!! :lol:

Jannie
No one is alone who had friends.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

LESS THAN ONE MONTH TIL SPRING!

yipppppeeeeeeee

Can Penguins do back flips???? HA not THIS one! lol

How's everyone feelin' today?????

me? can you tell i'm a little silly?
:shock: 8)
Beware the Penguin

Walking After Midnight

becat wrote:yes, I said I'll make you a personal size warm cozy blanket just for you.

Suh-weet!
I don't know what to say. Are you serious?
Just make me a blanket?
I will get you all that information...no problem.

jan3213...I guess I've missed out on the whole "Yuk" culture. You know, somehow it doesn't seem right for a man to go around saying Yuk and Icky...maybe that's why. ha ha.
I'll give that "Gag a Maggot" thing a go though if it comes up.

becat

Post by becat »

I was very serious.
Colors and how tall are you?
Hugs and warmth to all