It's cold. . .brrrrrr

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ViewsAskew

It's cold. . .brrrrrr

Post by ViewsAskew »

Wondering how everyone out East is doing. It sure is cold here in Chicago. It is 4 degrees right now, and I just can't get warm. I saw a headline that people are still without power in the East and I was concerned about some of our members. Penguin, please check in and let us know how you are. That applies to anyone else that I don't know who lives in the Eastern US, too.

I'm glad we have this new topic area! It's nice sometimes to share non-RLS stuff, like this! And, this should supply space for all that creative stuff we talked about before.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Hey all!

Well, the wind has been brutal! Up to 40 mph gusts at some point. Good thing is? IT'S NOT SNOWING!

Bad part is, ya there are still people with out power and it's supposed to get up to a high of 3 degees today!!!!

Good thing I've got home work to do and a good supply of hot cocoa :wink:

Kathleen however, is going into Boston to a church immersion with her youth group. So I hope they make it into the church with no problems. I'm sure they'll all be fine

thanks for thinkin' bout me!

Talk to you soon
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hey Penguin!

Good to hear from you, girl. Been thinking about you. How's the fibro? Hope you're not hurting too badly!

Tell Kathleen "hi" for me. Hope she has a good time today. What classes are you taking this semester? I know you told me, but--DUH--I forgot!

Take care, kiddo!

Hugs
Jannie
No one is alone who had friends.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Hi My Jannie!

Criminology and Compters in Criminal Investigation

Criminology seems to be a breeze but the computers class

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHH!

So technical and I do consider myself a geek, so not quite sure why I don't "get it". Could be lack of faculty input as well?????? he's not been on the blackboard since the beginning of the semester....and most of us in the class are "winging it"

With this cold, the fibro is REAL BAD! My main concern is the pain in my left breast tho. Can't figure that one out to save my life.

How are things going with you sweetie??????
Love you so much!!!!!

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hi Penguin!

Criminology and Computers in Criminal Investigation. How interesting! I'll bet you're a whiz. Yes, it probably is lack of faculty input--you are very smart and a computer whiz. Hang on--you'll get it.

Hey, take care and watch that pain in your left breast, kiddo! But, you know--fibro is weird!

I'm fine--still having "odd" symptoms. Had an episode Friday night--just like before. See the cardio guy this Wed. for a followup--but, you know, everything came out ok in that department. Still have the lead test coming up. Other than that, life is good!

It's cold here, today--think it was 8 above this morning--and we've had some snow. But nothing like you've had. Geeze Louise!

Take care of you and keep warm, okay?

Love you, too
Jannie

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

I'm trying to stay warm. Got my fleece sweatshirt on with my hood up and i'm IN THE HOUSE! :lol:

I want you to keep me posted on you ok? I do love you so very much and I hope that Becat will keep me posted as well

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi, you two. Penguin, we're going up to 25 today (it was 4 yesterday), so maybe warmer air is on the way. I sure hope so, but in the meantime am glad you are trying to stay warm. In terms of that class, the instructor must be poor - you aren't having trouble in your other classes, and other people are having trouble, too. It's too bad that having an advanced college degree is all that is required to teach - knowledge alone doesn't ensure that an instructor knows anything at all about how to teach.

Jan, I really hope that you get to the bottom of this, and soon. While knowing it's not a heart thing is great, it still must be so frustrating to not know!

I'm off to make some hot tea with honey in it and curl up on the couch with a new novel.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Post by Guest »

Thanks Penguin and Ann

Maybe something will show up eventually. :?

Penguin, keep doing what you're doing in school--it's not you, kiddo.

Ann, enjoy your book.

Have a great day and stay warm!
Jan :)

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

OOOPS! The above post was by moi! Forgot to log in! DUH!

Jan3213

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Hey ladies....

warm blankey, good book....sounds like a wonderful afternoon!

the sun is beautiful but the chill has hit and it's hard to get it out!

off to pick up Kathleen then who knows what....might shut myself in my room under the covers and watch The Forgotten or maybe continue on Harry Potter

Love you all
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

becat

Post by becat »

Hi Girls,
Yeah, It's cold here too! I know most of the country is none too happy with it, but as a lady that has had summer all freaking winter, I love it.
Not to mention that, the flu is so wide spread here no one is safe and many are sick, seemingly everyone in my house thus far, minus, thankfully me. I rarely buy antibacterial soap but have it everywhere in the house this week.
So bring on the cold for me, kill off some of the weeds, bugs, and germs.
Penguin, I'm so glad to hear about you going to school, never knew that. Yahoo, an educated Penguin is great! LOL CSI Crime Penguin! LOL maybe then you could move to Florida and inspect crime warmly.
I do feel for you with the snow, having been on Long Island more than once to see was 24 or more inches looks like was wild, cleaning it all up UGGGGGGHHHHH! I wish for fleece and more thermal undies than you can cover.
I'm doing ok. After surgery I was happy to lay around well medicated for about 4-5 days. It was nice to get back some of the sleep I had lost in the many month before. I am healing well and trying my best not to get sick as I don't think that would be good for all things involved. I have done some things that maybe should have been put off and have managed to get myself out of the house daily even for a while. I guess the worse part of this all has been not being able to sit at the computer as often as I'd like and the antithesia (sp?) all settled in my right shoulder. That is normal for me, but painful for 3 or so days. However, it seems to have brought on the RLS in a meaner way for my right arm.
Had a GP appt on Fri. and he insisted I did a full bloodwork up, ok, but really I want the ferritin reading. I am praying it's at least 10, but fear it's not close. I have the follow up appt. for the OBGNY and guessing all will be fine. Then he's a goner after this whole trip, a bad one at that. Docs don't get the whole trust thing. I don't understand that.
Past that, I've been working on my next meeting, I'm actually going to present this one. Self Management and coping skills. It's a ton of typing, as I want to give handouts and I'm shocked at how much I think of that I use without even knowing it. yes, Ive emailed a few times with The RLS REbel to make sure I've got it all down....lol Her book should be out this summer. YEAH that will be a must buy for all of us.
Anyway, Miss Jan, we spoken so often all I can say is.........Love YA and tell Willie Hey for me. LOL
Ann just finished a way Older series of books this past week and I miss them so much. I hope your novel is a good one and I'm trying to find something to read. It is work for me to read and often get stuck on a subject (like mountain climbing, for 4 years) and can't find anything that interests me. Right now I'm trying out a book that is about children that were kidnapped in 1800's by the Comanche Indians. Very graphic, but interesting for sure. I know I have given my heritage such a romantic side that reading this is going to crush it for sure. Nope, I'm Cherokee and something else but no one knows what that side was.
Hugs to all I'm going to find something to do away from the family.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

it is so nice to see you wonderful ladies!

It's nice to be able to talk and not really mention all the aches and pains but still know that we can and we all understand and empathize

I sure do love you all! I'm not really sure you all know just how much!

CSI PENGUIN! ROFL

What a site that would be!!!! OMG that was a hoot! thanks Becat! I needed that!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, I think i'll be off to my room now and get my meeting notes ready for tomorrow. Meeting my Vets Club at the 99 restaurant for dinner/meeting...at'll be a hoot as well.

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hi Ms. Be

I'm used to talking to you on the other end of the phone, but just had to say "hi"----- Oh, I'll send all the cold weather you want. hehe Seriously, though---you're right about killing the germs. Lots of things going around here, but--unlike last year--I'm managing to stay pretty healthy. Don't know if you guys remember last year--I caught everything that went around the pike, it seems! Love you, too!

Ann, hope you had an enjoyable afternoon reading. Sounds cozy, sitting in a nice comfortable chair with a good book and a cup of hot tea.

Penguin, I agree--it's good to just "talk", isn't it?????

Everyone, stay warm.

Love and Hugs
Jannie

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

Hey all I too have the 4 degrees the other night got down to 1 but with the wind it was like -16 below burrrrrrrrrrrr very cold here in michigan.

Glad all is doing well. things arent to bad my way.
Jan :roll: Can't wait to sleep!

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Several years back, when we were renting a house in Lake Station, my wife complained that she'd seen a mouse run into the "shed" that was previously built by some hill billy on the "screened in" "porch" of this humble "abode" that we were scrounging up 270.00 a month for. I think I was making 6.50 an hour, with two kids. (But I swear, I wasn't the hillbilly who built the shed.) So the next time we're out, we stop and get gluey traps. They're probably not called "Gluey Traps", but you know what they are.
I put down three or four traps around the shed, cause I want to be able to catch the mouse from whatever direction he's coming from, You know, you gotta stay one step ahead. Here's the thing, I'm no Happy Painter Afro White guy. You know that guy I'm talking about? "Happy little clouds", and happy little whatever. Animals are ok, but if they're nasty, and they're bugging me...I will probably kill them. But, that's neither here nor there...The next morning, every trap has a few screaming little mice in them, trying to detach their tiny feet from the glue. There were like twelve or thirteen.
So now there's a predicament. These things are still alive. We should've got those traps that you put the piece of cheese on the trigger and the mouse sets it off and it goes WHAM! and does the job for you. But, we got the gluey kind.
So first I decide I'm going to put the little traps under each wheel of the car...splat. Thing is, we have little kids and I don't want them trapesing through whatever microscopic traces of rodents I can't pick up. Next idea, maybe I'll just let the dog kill em...probably even worse.
So, it's time to put my 12 years of Portage High School Education, and 25 yrs. of street smarts to good use. I put the traps in a five-gallon bucket, boil some water and pour it in.
Well, they screamed but it went pretty quick.
Back in the day, I mean the Medieval day they had this large brass horse. It was hollow. They'd put a "bad guy" in it, shut the door and start a fire underneath till he was dead...so at least this was better.
But, to this day, I can't figure out why I didn't just bury them alive and save the drama.
You were hoping for a better ending weren't you?

Well, it's frigging cold here too.

Randy