I am lucky I only have RLS !

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
browndo4

I am lucky I only have RLS !

Post by browndo4 »

My sister was diagnosed with MS 3 years ago. I have watched the turmoil this disease can wreck on a family. She has gone from a very energetic person to one that is always run down, and not very steady on her feet. She has her good and bad days, and manages to keep trudging along the best she can. Her Doctor has suggested that she apply for disability, but being the stubborn person she is she wont at this time. Her children have taken it hard trying to deal with a disease that will eventually take their mother from them. I cant fix my sister, however I can join the fight to find a cure so I have decided to ride in the MS 150 Tour de Farms bike ride in June 2006. It's a 2 day bike ride to raise funds for MS to find a cure and to assist the families affected by MS. I am just looking for any encouragement and that you keep my sister and myself in your thoughts. For those of you who would like to find out more please visit my MS 150 Tour de Farms web page.

http://events.msillinois.org/site/TR?px ... fr_id=1110

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Your sister will be in my thoughts as she is a brave person to have to deal with this. You are a good sibling to want to help. I can't ride in the MS Bike ride but I always volunteer. I'm the person with the flag that tells you where to go!!! You are both in my thoughts and prayers. If you need support or people to talk to, this is the place. Keep us posted. You've found a place that cares.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)