Neko Case, CPAP, Sleep Study and other Thrilling Topics

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

No, but our local community college is having a one night class on fibro next month that I am signed up for. If nothing else, it will give me a chance to network with others in this area with fibro. If anyone wants a good basic book on fibro I highly recommend "Fibromyalgia for Dummies" (yes, that's a real book!) The stress of the past few days has really put me in a flare so I'm looking for help. I know this is an RLS website and I don't want to compromise what we have but I wondered if there was any interest or possiblity of a new topic section on fibro. There are so many of us now that suffer from it. It could just be a general section. Then again, maybe it's best if we leave this website just for RLS. What do you think?
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Well, I for one--having both RLS and fibro--think it's a good idea. I'm like you---this is a great website for RLS, and it will always be the PRIMARY focus, of course. But so many people with RLS develope fibro. It might be something to consider. Just my two cents!

Jan :)
No one is alone who had friends.

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Becat, a friend of mine who has fibro has mentioned a clinic in Dallas, and one in Denver I believe. She met a woman, she worked at Sears, went to the Denver clinic and was very pleased with her progress. She also knows someone who has gone to the one in Dallas.

She recently had back surgery and will not be back in town for a few weeks, when we are back in contact hopefully she will have more info she can share on these clinics.

In the ImmuneSupport.com Treatment and Research News email flyer they had a link to an article, The Fibromyalgia and Fatique Centers Focus on Innovative Therapies for CFS & FM Patients here is a link to it and at the end it has website and contact info to learn more about these centers.

http://www.up0.net/c.html?rtr=on&s=d7m, ... ,jpdj,221h

Ruby, I would be interested in hearing what you learn at this class. I think the non-rls heading here says it all! I hope we continue to post info regarding fibro. It is as much a part of my life as RLS.

My GP theorizes that because of the lack of restoritive sleep fibro has become an issue... and / or it is related to genetic anomelies in the endrochrine system ....

I think I can use that book, so it is going on my list today! Another book I found helpful was The First Year--Fibromyalgia: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed by Claudia Craig Marek

Now how do we get those tapes? Just where do they go? :oops: :o 8) :roll:

Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Hazel, I will give you all the info I get from the class if it turns out to be any good at all. I'd like to check out the book you recommended also. I would really like to see a support group for fibro in our area. There was one for awhile but it disbanded. But then I probably get as much or more from here and can be comfy in my sweats too!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

:D :shock: :) :o :lol: 8)

Okay this is not a magical cure... yet it is something that I am trying! why not it is readily available and free.

:D :) :o :lol: 8) :? :shock:

Bad fibro flares? Non restorative sleep? RLS breakthrough? Who cares... what the cause, I am tired and not the person I choose to be...

so in reading some info I came across a comment from a woman who has been living with fibro for 14 years... she says laugh when you hurt... laugh when you feel down... the brain doesn't know that you aren't laughing for joy, it just responds to the laughing by releasing good endorphins (is that the right term, who cares!) Laugh when you make a mistake... before long you will be in the habit of laughing... and that can't be all bad! Of course unless you laugh at the dr, or the boss when they are trying to be serious, or the traffic officer writing you a ticket.

Today I am cultivating laughter as well as stirring up hope!

hahahahahhahahahazey
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden