Emoticons and chat

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ViewsAskew

Emoticons and chat

Post by ViewsAskew »

Does anyone else wish that we had some more emoticons? I won't bother asking the Foundation to load some others if no one else cares. I often notice that we don't have anything for hugs or frustration and some other emotions that we often share.

There are some good examples here:

http://www.mahjoob.com/en/forums/misc.p ... howsmilies

Also, are many people jonesing about chat? Becat and Hazel have indicated that this is top priority, but it might help us help them if they understood how many people wish it were working.

That leads me to my last question. Is anyone who posts here a phpBB guru? I'm guessing the Foundation staff are really focused on other things and these skills are not high on their list of what they do really well. If we have people here who might be able to help out, it might be a good thing. I haven't run any of this by them, just typing out loud at 2 AM.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hi Ann

Sorry, I just saw this thread. I would like to have the chat room back. I think it's a good way to get to know people---a good outlet for a lot of folks.

I use emotions--I'm not sure how many others do. I wouldn't mind having more, but I wouldn't want to make a lot more work for you.

Thanks to all the moderators for all the work you do!!!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

From what I read, adding the emoticons will be lots easier than getting the chat room working. The RLSF knows it's important, and Hazel recently researched some alternative methods, but we haven't heard anything yet from the foundation.

Ann

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

OH YA ......................I sure could use a good chat at 2am when I am nightwalking..............jan,becat and I had some good fun last summer laughed ourselfs silly and the best part was we all forgot about our pain for a while......................I dont want to have more work for anyone else either so GOD BLESS and keep up the good work~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

becat

Post by becat »

I'm for the chat roombeing back. I miss it too. yes, good times, good good times.
I haven't heard from anyone at the Foundation and have no clue why it's a problem.
But I would be willing to go ahead and press forward with Hazels idea, which is to buy the software ourselves. i'd pay for it too.
Lynne

sardsy75

Re: phpBB Query

Post by sardsy75 »

viewsaskew wrote:That leads me to my last question. Is anyone who posts here a phpBB guru? I'm guessing the Foundation staff are really focused on other things and these skills are not high on their list of what they do really well. If we have people here who might be able to help out, it might be a good thing. I haven't run any of this by them, just typing out loud at 2 AM.

Hi Ann

The things you do when you really don't want to be reconciling your own business accounts!! (In reality, I REALLLLLY dont want to be parting with my hard earned cash & handing it over to the dang taxman!!)

Back to the topic at hand though, have been nosing about the web re your phpBB question and have come across some links to download more emoticons.

As for uploading the emoticons into here, being a moderator I am thinking that you (might???) have access to the area to add more emoticons, if not then Bryan aka "touchdown411" would be our first place to start?

I also remember reading a post in here somewhere asking if the background colour could be changed. Will keep surfin and find out what i can.

Let me know if you'd like me to send you the links.

Take care of you!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Nadia,

Yeah, I found links to download the emoticons, too, but the administrator has to do it. Bryan is no longer with the Foundation, so they have to hire an outside person to make radical changes.

Per the color, only two or three of us ever responded that we'd like it changed. If many people would respond, we'd have a much better chance of adding it to the list.

Hope you had a good night last night.

Ann

Managing Your RLS