I HAVE GOOD NEWS

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
jan3213

I HAVE GOOD NEWS

Post by jan3213 »

Hi my friends

I wanted to share some good news with you. My daughter is engaged. We love her fiancee' (sp?). He proposed last night (March 24).

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Excellent! It is SOOOO nice that you like him. It's tough to have a MIL or FIL that dislikes you and it is so hard to see your child marry someone that you don't think is the best choice. I bet you will now be a very busy mom helping her prepare (unless they are doing some non-traditional). I hope you are feeling better soon so that you can enjoy the coming celebrations.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

Congrats, Jan! It's nice when positive things happen in one's life. I can feel your happiness

Corrie

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

OH JANNIE!!!!!!

How WONDERFUL!!!! Congrats from a Penguin!!!!!!!

love you all so much!
Beware the Penguin

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Thanks, everyone! Yes, I'm sooooo excited I can hardly breathe! I can hardly wait to see her ring--- That may not be until this coming weekend.

They are deleriously happy and so are we! Her twin sister approves wholeheartedly (he asked HER for Stacy's hand, too).

Well, I won't bore you with details (unless you ask - hehe), but I'm happy to share some GOOD news from me for a change!

Love you all
Jan

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

wow....that's not heard of often...

he understands the "twin thing"...that's very cool!!!

again....my love and best wishes....ALWAYS you know that!!!

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

WOOHOO!!!! YEAH!!! I WANT TO KNOW ALL ABOUT IT SO EITHER CALL ME THIS WEEK OR I WILL CALL YOU!!!! :D :x :D HOT DIGGIDY DOG!! WHOOPEE!!! XXXOOOXXXOOO!!!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

becat

Post by becat »

Yeah Jan,
I know you'll make a wonderful family for him and glad that your daughter has found a great guy.
Love and Hugs........yes, spare us no detail.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Gosh, love you all so much! It's so nice to be able to come here and share ALL the parts of my life! Thank you ALL for your congratulations and for sharing in my happiness! I'll say this. He is VERY romantic, she had a wonderful weekend. We all love him. She is getting a great guy, AND he is getting a wonderful young woman!! (Of course, I'm a tad bit prejudice! hehe)

Love you all!

Jan

P.S. Ruby---if you don't call me, I'll call you!!! Becat--YIPPEE! Thanks for putting up with me last week!

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Dear Jan .......................cool girlfriend your going to make a wonderful mother-inlaw~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

:D :D :D :D So happy for all of you! :D :D :D Love Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

All I can say is a big Way To Go to Jan's future Son in Law.

And now, a verse from the Carpenter's 1973 hit..."We've Only Just Begun".
not really.

Sometimes life is beautiful eh?

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Thanks, Lyn, Hazey and WAM. :D I've got to say that I had the perfect example of what a mother-in-law should be with my own mother-in-law (who passed away last June). I only hope I'm half the MIL that she was!

WAM, I think I can hear you strumming that guitar! I hate to admit it, but my husband and I actually had "We've Only Just Begun" sung at our wedding ohhhhhhhh so many years ago (30 this coming April 24). Okay, everybody, say "Ahhhhhhhhhhh", or throw up, whichever you feel like. :lol:

Jan