So. Il, TN

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Penguinrocks

So. Il, TN

Post by Penguinrocks »

All those who live in the areas mentioned, please check in so we all know that you are well from last nights weather disaster!

Penguin :cry:
Beware the Penguin

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hi Dawn

Oh, honey, you always worry about your friends and I love you for that!

Wendall and I were at Amy and Stacy's this weekend in Fenton, MO (St. Louis county). I think a tornado went over us, didn't touch down, but we're okay. Then, the same storm system hit Mt. Vernon (we were still in Fenton). My son was home--Willie was with us. He said it got very black, lots of wind, but I don't think anything happened here. He spent some time in the basement. However, we go through Fairview Heights, MO (just east of St. Louis)---they had no power last night and we heard that a couple of stores got hit by what they think was a tornado and one person was killed.

It was scary, came on so fast. Sounded like a roar. But, we're okay. Love you! Oh, we've been without the internet since the storm hit here last night. That was probably around 6 pm. We didn't get home until around 11 pm.

Love you!!!!!
Jannie
No one is alone who had friends.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Thank God everyone is ok!!!!!!

It's so nice to see you!!!!!

Love you!
Beware the Penguin

Jenne1950

Post by Jenne1950 »

I live close to the area in Fairview Heights where the man was killed in the store when the roof and a wall collapsed. Everything went over us--lots of wind and rain but nothing else. Scared one of my cats to death! She hates thunder and was beside herself till she found her safe place under the bed. We only lost power for about a minute.

Glad you are ok, Jan!
Jenny

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

So glad you are ok as well Jenne!!!!!

So sad about the poor 19 total killed!!!! :cry:

breaks my heart....I hope everyone from that area checks in today!!!

much love
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Glad you're okay, too, Jenny!!! Thought about you last night when we were going through your area. It was pitch black around St. Clair Square, so we couldn't see any damage, if there was any. We did hear that Best Buy got hit. Do you know anything about that?

Jan

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

So glad that you all are safe and sound! It was quite the storm and looks like the east coast is going to get it today.

I can take structural damage, just want everyone to be okay and all the critters to be accounted for!

Finally today the wind has died down enough to where it is almost nice!

Miss Dawn, I hope that the weather coming your way is just a nice soothing thunderstorm, the kind you like to take a nap in!

Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

From what I understand Hazey is we're gonna get dumped on! But, out here, we don't have tornadoes....just hurricanes :shock:

anyhoo....i'll let you know if I'm building the ark tomorrow....

love you
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

becat

Post by becat »

I'm glad to hear everyone is ok. This is going to a kicker of a spring. I want a safe room or a basement. :shock:
Those stroms went north of us and God Bless all that were in there way.
Jan I'm glad to hear that Michael is safe and ya'll weren't home.
Penguin, thankfully we have plenty to row the ark. LOL
Hugs Lynne

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

yes Becat AND we're all used to the rowing!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

love you!
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Not to scare you, but Hawaii had a tornado recently and they never have them either!

Glad that all are okay!

Love Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

I just heard on a St. Louis station that a tornado was spotted in Fenton, where we were. I knew I heard a "roar", but it wasn't the "freight train" that you think you'll hear. It sounded almost like an airplane engine or something like that. That's when I looked out and, OMG, the wind was horrible---swirling, trees bent over, black-green sky. I was really afraid for Wendall and Amy, who were out in it.

Actually, not much happened in Mt. Vernon. We had some tree limbs down, and it got pretty windy. But just north of here, they had structural damage. We're in for quite a spring!

Love you guys
Jan

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

hey all, we are even having tornados in Idaho never heared of such a thing.......... there is flooding going on and it's just crazy..............the wind was blowing so hard the other night I thought I was back in florida...........I think MOTHER NATURE has had enough of our abuse,and is letting us know..................they are saying we are going to get some more high winds today and possiblity of tornados. I lost power last week for over 12 hours. I am looking after my landlords mother right now I sure hope the power doesnt go out or I am going to have my hands full. But you can't stop mother nature~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Be safe, Lyn, and everyone! Today and tomorrow don't look good!!!!

Love you all
Jan

Post by Guest »

Well the asst director just sent an email and the weather service announced there is a tornado... where - headed straight for my place! :lol: Had I mentioned that the origianl homestead was destroyed in July 1956 by a tornado? :o Didn't find that out till after I bought the place!

Don't really care about the house and out buildings, just don't want any harm to come to the horses, cats, dogs, chickens, rabbits well you get the drift!

Hazey