For those with Fibro

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

150 sick days???? I guess you can use a few :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It sounds this is working out well. You can rest, it forces everyone to deal with this issue, and you are being reminded of how many people look to you for you help and work.

I am a Sonia Choquette fan. She lives in the Chicago not too far away from me and I've been to several of her local workshops. Create an intention, rather than a fantasy, be as specific as you can. Thought does create! It can create positive or negative. Make it as positive as you can - lots of people have created unbelievable results using intention.

here's an audio clip of her speaking about her book. To me, she is so supportive and awe-inspiring. Maybe listening to her will give you the courage that she gives me. http://www.nightingale.com/pa~Product~C ... o~2133.asp

I'll be looking forward to hearing how this works out for you.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Ann, How true!!!!!!!!! We each are a living work in progress and I choose to look forward not backward. The power of thought and intention, choosing to be positive and seeing adversity not as an obstacle but as an opportunity, has really helped me to overcome adversity.

Our Ms Penquin you are a truly beautiful human being, your inner strength is beyond limits. Know we are here for you always.

Not familiar with Sonia Choquette yet I believe she is going to have another admirer, as I listen to her words.

Hope that your weekend is full of Positive Thoughts and Healing Energy.

Love Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

i think that knowing that you all are here will make things easier for me. I also know that I may be getting phone calls from work to "see how I'm doing"
I know I do not have to answer the phone.

:lol: :shock:

My dears, I love you all so much.....words escape this penguin
Beware the Penguin

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Pen, you know we are all behind you 100% I also know what it is to work for a bad boss. I don't have a union behind me and only 3 days of sick leave left for the rest of the year. But I am SOOO pulling for you, whatever you decide. If there's any other way you can make a living than this, I say go for it. I am so blessed to have such good friends here who support me just like you and it really comes down to our precious Becat's Quality of Life. If we don't have that, we're just cheating ourselves of what has been given us. Fibro is so unknown yet, just like the RLS. We have to take the steps to protect ourselves because no one else can. Hang in there, sweet one. Let us know what happens.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

becat

Post by becat »

Awww Rubyslippers, how busy you must be these days. I hope the weather is not making things rougher than normal, sorry used the word normal again, for you.
I'd gladly buy, trade, or sell something to bring you more sick days. That boss of yours and Penguin's........let me just say UUUUFFFFAAAAA!
Penguin, yes, I'd take the time. You can easily offer a new private email address to your vets from hotmail or yahoo, free to you for them to keep in touch.
Fight the good fight and never stop fighting for yourself.
We are a very blessed family around here.
Love ya Both,
Lynne

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

when this stuff first started happening with the jerk, i gave all my Vets my hotmail address....so they have it. I'm also sending them an explanation memo so they won't think I am abandoning them...

I've already sent out 5 applications and am just waiting to hear from the VA on the positions that they are thinking about me for...

I have 150 sick days, vacation time and with all the holidays and weekends, i can take 1 year off with pay and still have time left over....

so, the only thing i may worry about is my Vets....nothing else about that place and the fact the higher ups won't take care of this jerk....

love you
Beware the Penguin

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

well, i figured it all out this morning...after I go to see the neuro tomorrow...i have enough time saved to not work until March 1, 2007. And still keep accruing time while i'm out.

do you think i could find another job by then?

I was thinking of not going out til Apr 24th, cuz him and my new supervisor will be out on vacation all next week...but the more i think about it...the less i want to stay one minute longer...but i have to make sure my Vets are all set....but they've been to war, they don't need me to be their "mommy"....

advice? please????
Beware the Penguin

becat

Post by becat »

Good Morning Penguin,
I think that those vets would likely tell you Thank you for everything and now it's time to take care of your self. That is what most of us here would tell you.
I think from the last time we spoke you have another options or two in mind. Maybe it is time to visit those thoughts more seriously.
In my opinion, you need rest, pain free time, and choices. So far you've had little of any of that. Choices alone will make you stand up and do what you need to do.
Rest and some pain free time will give you the strength and the will to fight for what you really want.
I love you. Your a strong, smart woman and this is but a stepping stone on your path.
about the neuro, along with that letter she is writing she needs to address the pain, get a generic it's cheaper, but make she she knows this issues must be addressed for longer than a weekend. Your allowed to bring it to the forefront and your allowed to get some help for that.
Lynne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Ditto :-)
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hey Penguin----

I've kind of been out of this conversation lately---- but, I wanted you to know that I think your plan is 100% right on!! Lynne is absolutely right when she said it's time to think about you right now. You don't need this in your life, and, if you've got the days---well, honey, follow your instincts. Go for it!! You've got all of us here. Look at the support you've received. We all love you!!!!

Your vets will be fine and they can contact you if they need to talk. Take care of Penguin right now! Please.........

Love you
Jannie
No one is alone who had friends.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

If I were in your shoes I would not hesitate for a heartbeat. Take care of yourself for a change. We want you around for a LOOONG time. I think you know what your decision should be; it's just hard to make it. We're here for you!!!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

thanks all! well, today is the day...neuro at 1 EST....

love you
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

GOOD LUCK, PENGUIN! We're with you.....

Lots of love
Jannie

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

hi everyone.

the BP is 140 over 100 today.

Got a call into my GP as my neuro wants a letter from him to go with hers.

She wrote me a note for the rest of this week and we'll see what the other letter brings that she's sending me.

before i left work, HR was trying to "scare" me into backing down and taking their crap...i call my union and they told me that HR is full of "hoo haa" (that's not what he said!) :D

love you all
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hi you~~~

Have you heard anything more? Just wondered how you're doing..... I can't wait to see how getting this stress out of your life affects your health.

Good luck, honey.

Hugs
Jannie