The Bathroom Chronicles

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ViewsAskew

Next story

Post by ViewsAskew »

OK, here's my favorite poop story. :shock:

My grandmother was a concert pianist and in her later years, she gave piano lessons. She and my grandfather became friendly with the parents of one of her students. The father of the student had colon cancer, but they caught it early and were able to help him and the cancer was vanquished. But, every so often he had to take a stool sample in for testing.

He put his sample in a small plastic container, and put that in a paper bag. The hospital was in downtown Chicago, and he lived in the suburbs, so he took the double-decker electric train, and sat on the top decker where there is a ledge to put your briefcase, umbrella, etc. He got to the hospital, gave the nurse his paper bag and was waiting to see his doctor. The nurse came in, quite confused about his sample and asked him about it. It looked a lot like a bologna sandwich.

Somewhere in Chicago, somebody was about to open up a container of poop for lunch.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Good Poop story Ann.
Back to the unisex b-rooms, I know what you're saying about the one room, one toilet unis...the one in Italy wasn't like that. Go down the stairs and the bathroom is at the bottom, no door...just a long room, sinks and faucets on the right, stalls on the left and everyone is welcome at the same time. I guess no biggie just kinda weird to an Indiana boy. OK, I am 46, so I'm a grown man and all but I guess I've just led a sheltered life...or something.

Looks like everyone's been in the wrong room at one time or another...and you all thought RLS was the common bond.
heh.
Thanks everybody. That's some good stuff.

Ruby... I'm still crackin' up about the peter reader story.