The Bathroom Chronicles

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Walking After Midnight

The Bathroom Chronicles

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Hi everybody.
So...
Out at the Mill, they're giving what they call "Saftey Blitzes". Basically, they herd us in to the conference room at the training center, and in one day, "Blitz" us with every saftey topic they can think of, and they feel they've done their part.
This isn't about US Steel's lousy safety record, so that's all I'll say about that.
So anyway, it's Nine A.M. and we've sat through two hours of the Blitz, with coffee and donuts flowing like we're in the Pressbox at the Superbowl. Time for a "10 minute" break. Good, cause I gotta go to the bathroom. Coffee hits me right in the lower intestine...not to be gross, I apologize but we're all adults here and I think we can all handle it. So, I'm trying to tell you that I gotta go to the bathroom and I don't mean the stand up section of the Men's Room, I mean the little sit down cubicle in the Men's Room with the two roll revolving TP set.
I pass a few mill buddies along the way..."How you doing", "This meeting sucks", etc...all the while making my way through the crowd to the destination, but when I open the door, the Big Boy's Room is full. All urinals occupied and all little cubicle doors shut...shoes and pants around the ankles visible.
What to do?
The weather's decent, so I walk gingerly outside to hang around with the smokers for a spell until things get less hectic in the Bathroom. I give it about 10 minutes, and head back in...hoping against all hope that this time they'll be at least one cubicle available.
What do you know...I open the door and the room is EMPTY already. Only one stall at the end, the Handicap stall is being used. Great.
Shut the little cubicle door, grab a seat cover out of the dispenser...life is getting better by the second.
I won't go into details on the next part of the experience, except for a couple things. I usually do courtesy flushes...the person in that cubicle next to me isn't, but the air isn't bad at all so we're cool. Also, when it's all done, I'm whipping paper off the roll...spinning the thing like I'm on "Price Is Right", and the weird thing is, the person next to me is very gingerly pulling paper off. I can tell because it's making barely any noise, almost like they don't want anyone to know they use TP. Whatever. To each his own.
I feel better. Open the cubicle door, walk over to the sink, flip the water lever up, punch the soap button and get to scrubbing. Whoever's in the far stall hasn't come out yet.
Standing there though, a strange feeling is coming over me, like somethings not right, somethings missing. "Hey", I think, "when did they remove the urinals from this Bathroom?" My heart literally stops, I feel my entire body tense up.... :shock: OH MY GOD! I'M IN THE WOMENS BATHROOM!"
Soapy hands and all I go flying out...I do NOT want to know who's in that far stall.
Somehow, the first trip, I had opened the correct door, the second door on the right...but on the second trip, I just went in the first door I came to, the Womens Room.
Whew. I'm still trying to recover.
But I don't know if I ever will.
I made a lot of friends that day though. A few fellow Mill Rats witnessed that door fly open during my mad dash out of that room, and by the end of the day word has spread, not only at the Training Center but pretty well plant wide.
So anyway, that's a true story, it just happened.

I'm speechless most of the time I log on.
So many things going on here that tear at your heart. Man, everyone is so cool and friendly and lovely, and all the while many are going through Hell everyday.
I never want to jump in on a serious thread if I have nothing to add. You know just for the sake of jumping in. Not that there's anything wrong with just letting people know you're here and thinking about them. And I hope people know that.
I'm just amazed, when I browse through, at the great advice, the knowledge, the willingness some have to take on someone elses problem to research it and make it their own, the compassion, the willingness to share and the greatest thing of all. according to a man named Paul, the genuine Love extended around to all who need it. It's awesome.
So to everyone...great to know you.

Randy
Last edited by Walking After Midnight on Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

becat

Post by becat »

You continue to make my day!
I'm so sure the curtesty flush was really a new experience for that Lady!
I'm just dying here.
If I ever forget to tell you........I Love You.
Lynne

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Randy...OMG you rock!!!!!!

i'm not laffing AT you...mind you....

I have visions of this lady in the end stall.....FREAKING OUT :shock: :shock: :shock:

ROFL *wiping the tears*
Beware the Penguin

Jenne1950

Post by Jenne1950 »

I must confess--I have done the same thing when in a double-step, hurry up, gotta make it kind of a mindset. I think in our society, we are becoming used to seeing the unusual, though I much prefer the women's room! I'm getting more careful about checking the door before going in, and don't find those "cute" little names for his and hers in the least bit cute if I have to think for a nanosecond which of these I am!

Wasn't this easier at some point?
Jenny

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

My darlin' Randy...don't you EVER leave this board!!! Your humor and support have made my life bearable at times. This was so FUNNY!!! I did NOT know where you were going with the story. But let me tell you, I've shared enough bathrooms with women to know they aren't all that "polite". But I still bet you scared her half to death (or made her day!) :oops: As for the rest, I know where your heart is. You may not jump in on certain threads but I know you are there. Thanks, partner!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Sure, it's funny to you guys. Trust me, it was terror.
heh.

Oh boy.
Well, you guys made my day with your reactions.
You know, I was in Italy a few years ago, in a restaurant in Rome and went looking for the bathroom. There was a sign on the wall that had the man symbol and the woman symbol both on it, pointing down this flight of stairs...so I figure both restrooms are down there. Wrong. It's the same restroom. It was culture shock to me, but fairly common over there to share the same bathroom. Personally, I like the American way.

You guys are a bunch of fun.

Randy.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Man, I'm all for the bathrooms that are unisex. Geez - why do I have to wait in line when the other one is emty???? I'm talking about the one-seater rooms where one is men's and one is women's and there isn't anything different about them. . .why can't they ALL just be "whoever" bathrooms? I LOVE the places that do that.

I think most of us have mistakenly walked into the wrong bathroom. I had a similar experience to yours Randy, except I was wondering when women started using urinals. My first thought was that they were some kind of new fangled bidets :lol: . Oh, well. I did the opposite of you. I waited until everyone was gone and then bolted. The guy who was walking in as I walked out suddenly stopped and jerked his head to read the door sign of the other washroom and then the one I was coming out of. I just kept walking.

As my friend says, sometimes the best thing to do is to act as though you meant it. It certainly can prevent people from asking questions. :wink:

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

lol....this is a GREAT thread! thanks so much Randy!!!!!!

embarrassing moments that we all can laugh about....NOW.... seems to be that the bathroom thingy is a normal occurance...so, no worries!

:lol:
Beware the Penguin

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

:lol: Oh you brought back memories there Randy!!!!

Some of you will remember that I was bridesmaid for my girlfriend last October ... most of the "young ones" went out to the clubs after the reception (including bride & groom in full wedding regalia!).

I left the group at one point to find the "ladies room" ... sure enough a line a mile long! I heard another girl behind me say, "stuff this, there's no line-up at the guys, who's coming with me???" .... hehehe .... before my brain knew what I what I was doing I heard myself say "I'm in ... lets go!!"

The other girl and I linked arms and waltzed down the hallway and into the mens room ... much to the guys astonishment! We shouted: "Sorry fellas, but when nature calls, nature calls!!!" as we made a dash for the safety of two cubicles! There was much hullaballoo and "what the???" as they guys tried to figure out what had just happened. We had gone into cubicles beside each other & made a pact that one didn't leave without the other.

Come time to leave, we linked arms again, burst out laughing and did the bolt, leaving the guys still in there and the ones who'd just walked in, scratching their heads. :lol:

When you gotta go ... you gotta go!!!!!

Thanks for sharing Randy! You just made my weekend!!!!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

This is a riot!!! Randy, you and I could be writing the same story.....

Here's what happened to me.

I was in WalMart close to where my daughters live. I had "that feeling" that I better find a restroom soon! The restrooms were at the front of the store. I got there in plenty of time (told you I was worried), went in to the last stall and took care of business.

While I was in the stall, I noticed the person next to me (who came in after I did) was wearing really ugly shoes. I kept thinking, "Geeze, those shoes are really ugly! Where in the world does that woman shop?!"

I finished, walked up to wash my hands, and there---lined up against the wall--were urinals. I had not noticed them at all when I came in. There were two stalls occupied, including the one with the "woman" (big HA!) with the ugly shoes. I ran out of there and went next door to the women's restroom.

I could have died!!!! Of course, being me (and those of you who know me, understand), I told several of the women in the restroom what I had just done. We all laughed until our sides hurt, but I was still so embarassed, I stayed in there for about ten minutes hoping that no one in the men's restroom recognized MY strange men's shoes! So, Randy, you're not alone! :oops:

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Okay, I don't have a bathroom story to contribute but I DO have a very embarrassing moment that the girls (and guys) at work like to tease me about. I was filling in for one of the other girls who signs up new customers at the electric company where I work. You get their deposit, have them fill out the paper work and since you read your own meter, I was going through the explanation of how to do this. It happened to be two very nice looking men, one who was getiing the new service and his friend. Anyway after explaining how you read your meter and figure your bill, I said..."If you have any trouble reading your peter, just let me know" His friend busted a gut, one of my co-workers happened to be walking by and heard it so she was just dying laughing down the hall. The man signing up for service turned 10 shades of red and I just kept my head down and kept right on talking like nothing had happened. Guess he was able to read everything okay, because he never called me!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Oh Ruby! You made my day! That is priceless!!!! I'm sitting here laughing out loud and Wendall is looking at me like I'm nuts! Nothing unusual there! haha

Thanks for the laugh!

Love you
Jan

P.S. Good luck with your test---I wish you the best of everything!
No one is alone who had friends.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Ah, isn't this fun? Thanks for the stories. Since we seem to want to share embarrassing. . .I have an endless supply of those! I'll start with one that doesn't embarrass me, however 8)

When I first got out of college, I decided I really didn't want to go get my PhD like I originally thought. Instead, I waitressed. Soon, I move up in the world and managed a McDonalds. My boss hired a new manager who had recently moved to Texas, but used to work at a McD's in New York. Mark started at 11 AM on his first day, not enough time to really acquaint him with anything, so I threw him on "productions" where you decide how many of each item to make and keep ready. This was when they used to keep the food in those hot bins. He was busy wrapping food and we were very busy at lunch. I was helping drive-thru and came over to the left side of the bin to get a sandwich at the same time Mark was reaching with his left hand to grab a sandwich to wrap while looking to the right. He managed to get a nice handful of my right breast.

I'll never forget the look on or the color of that poor man's face. His first day and he hasn't worked more than 45 minutes and manages to put himself in a sexual harassment position while wrapping Big Macs. I bet he wanted to move back to New York in that instant.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

OMG Ann!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: priceless!!!!

Hey and what a compliment!!!! Big Mac.....oooo my sides.....
Beware the Penguin

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Wrapping Big Macs! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It is a scientific fact that the men's restroom in large forums moves faster! So I have been a men's room crasher myself in the past!

Ugly shoes! That's a good one!

Peter reader.... :lol: :oops:

Thanks guys for the laughter! It sure helps no matter how you are feeling to get a few belly chuckles in each day!

Laughter restores Hope!

Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden