New England Weather

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Penguinrocks

New England Weather

Post by Penguinrocks »

Hi all,

Yes, I'm in the areas of New England that's taking a hit! Parts of major highways are shut down and it's STILL raining.... :shock: :evil:

Yanno how we all say we're gonna row for each other? Well, come on in y'all...grab an oar and get me voted off this island!!!! :lol:

There's something to be said for natural vitamin D....i need it....helps a little with the bones and pain yanno?

I love you all so much and I'll keep ya posted on what's going on....state of emergency declared so since i'm a state employee, i don't go in cuz i'm "non essential personnel".... ya no kidding! LOL

Kathleen didn't have school and the next city over from me, Peabody, under 12 feet of water and the rivers haven't crested yet....

Just remember I love you all so very much and I'm looking to see that moon again..will mean the rain is over and i can actually see you all in it again....

Love Penguin
Beware the Penguin

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Penguin---

I'm rowing as fast and as hard as I can--- You know, as our beloved Becat says, the moon is there--even if we can't see it. So, just know that I'll be looking up at the sky and my eyes will pierce the clouds right to the moon--and I'll be thinking and praying for you and Kathleen and all of the people where you live.

I'll keep my eyes and ears to the news, but please keep us posted. You may be a Penguin, but I don't want you to live in water....

And, if I could, I "blink" you here or back with your family--away from all of the flooding!

Love you much!
Jannie :)
No one is alone who had friends.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

thank you my sweet Jannie...I know you would, that's why I love you so much!

Ya, the Penguin doesn't feel much like swimming right now either....

I know the moon is there...I just wanna see it again....

Please, Dear Lord, release the hold of this storm that has so many people in dire straits....Amen.

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

becat

Post by becat »

And Amen! Let it all soak in or run off safely.
When we left West Texas Yesterday the strom chaser were watching something and getting the vans all gassed up. I always get a little freaky seeing them and sercretly am hoping they driving far away from me.
That last big tornado in Texas was so miles away from me. It was one of those "finger of God" storms. I never woke up if our county alarms went off, scary thought about my meds whene they work. I'm thinking of getting a weather alert radio for when the hubby travels to alert me.
Hang in the Miss Penguin, I'm bring buckets to bail out the boat if needed.
Love
lynne

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

thank you lovelies....

seems it's supposed to get worse between 2 and 3 a.m.

don't know when we'll see work again....(poor me right)....

Love you all....I'll let you know when I get my moon back

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Penguin...OK, I'll help row, but it's starting to look like you're gonna need a 20 horse outboard!

Hang in there Penguin.
Randy

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Randy, I'm not sure the outboard is enough - maybe a tugboat and some barges!

I keep reading about all that water in your area, Penguin. It sounds truly awful. Take care, truly. I can't imagine how people live in areas where that happens every spring, but it's probably harder in your area - it's not something anyone is prepared for!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

becat

Post by becat »

Thank God She's A Penguin! LOL

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

hee hee...yup thank God!

Still raining.....have to go to work tho and Kathleen went to school...

Thanks WAM, a motor sounds good right about now...I don't even know if the roads to work are open...guess I'd better leave now in case of detours...

love you all so much and thanks for letting me vent about the weather...

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Well, be careful today, sweetie! Your basement isn't flooded, is it?

Love ya
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

no, thank God. The basement isn't flooded and good thing. That's where my room is and I really DON'T like waterbeds.

Normally takes 20 min to get to work....1 hr 15 min later...i made it. I don't know if any of you have seen Peabody on the news...it's kinda like the Northeast Version of New Orleans....just a little too close to the below sea level problem....my normal route was all cut off by barriers and police cars and A TON OF WATER! I don't know where it's all going to go. So, with 5 major highways STILL closed...all the secondary roads are packed and, well, everyone knows that new england drivers are the worst and the meanest....

Was kinda funny. A woman I work with was in her car right next to mine while we were stuck in traffic, so we rolled down our windows and chatted a bit while we moved 3 inches at a time.

Please God....make it stop....

love you
Beware the Penguin