HAVING TROUBLE GETTING INTO SITE

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
jan3213

HAVING TROUBLE GETTING INTO SITE

Post by jan3213 »

Is anyone else having trouble getting in to the Forum? The only way I can access it is through email notifications I've received. I notice that no one has posted since earlier today.

Thanks.

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Jan, I just got your email so came here. I've been swamped all day. I got in through my normal Favorites link. Seems fine to me. Maybe someone else will come by. Fridays and the weekends are usually a little slow.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Jenne1950

Post by Jenne1950 »

I'm not having any problem at all getting into the site.
Jenny

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

I must be losing my mind. I swear the only way I can get here is through an email notification. What is wrong with me?

You know, when you click on "Communicate With Others", don't we usually get a choice between "discussion board" and "chat" in the paragraph below? I don't now. Am I really going crazy? Boy, last night must have done a number on me because I can't figure it out.

Sorry for being such a dufus! I don't understand it.

Thanks.
Jan

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

I can't even get onto Chat. What's wrong with me? I can't get here except through an email notification. I'm going crazy!!!!!

Jan

Jenne1950

Post by Jenne1950 »

I bypass the choices, use this url:
http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?
Jenny

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Thanks, Jenny, I'll try it.

Jan

becat

Post by becat »

I'm getting in here just fine, but chat is no longer there or even listed. Who knows, it may be til Monday til we can get ahold of some at the foundation.
WHAAAAAAAAA :cry:

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Thanks, Lynne. I can get in the way Jenny said, but other than that, nada. I was starting to get a complex.... :?

Love you
Jan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I put the site in my Favorites within my browser; I just click on that and this opens up. I never enter from the RLSF site. That might be an idea for you to try.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hi Ann

I do have it in my Favorites and I can get to the home page, but like I said above:

You know, when you click on "Communicate With Others", don't we usually get a choice between "discussion board" and "chat" in the paragraph below?.......I don't get that now.

I don't know what's going on. I think I'm the only one who must not be able to get to the discussion board. I can get there by doing what Jenny does. I'm probably not explalining myself very well. It's okay--- it must just be me. I've rebooted, etc., but it doesn't work.

Thanks for trying to help me---I don't know what I'm doing wrong after all these years. LOL

Oh, I heard from Dr. B. Thanks again for that, too.

Jan

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

i have it coming up right on the forums page myself...

maybe the powers that be are fixing sumthin?
Beware the Penguin

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Jan, it's in my favorites directly for this page, not their home page - I don't have to make a choice - does that make sense?

Since you've had a few other problems, it might be worth some quick scans - delete your cookies, delete your cache, etc. See if it helps any. You may have done that already, but just a thought.

Managing Your RLS

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Good idea, Ann. I'll do that.... I must admit, I haven't been thinking too clearly the last couple of days either. Big LOL!

It'll be fine...

Thanks for messing with this (and me!).

Hugs
Jan

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hi again

I got an email from Lyndarae in the wee hours this morning. She couldn't get in to the site, either.

I thought I'd cut and paste the page I come up with now, using www. rls.org. This is what comes up after clicking on "Communiate with Others" in the drop down menu on the home page:

ALL ABOUT RESTLESS LEGS SYNDROME

Communicate with Others

First time visitor Faces of RLS What is RLS? Current clinical trials recruitment
Find a healthcare provider Communicate with others Join RLS Foundation RLS Advocacy Center

_______________________________________________________________________________________

If you have restless legs syndrome (RLS), you are not alone. Up to 10% of the U.S. population may have RLS. Many people have a mild form of the disorder, but RLS severely affects the lives of millions of individuals. Spend some time at our links above discovering how the RLS Foundation can help you in your own personal RLS journey.

There were two choices on this page: "discussion board" or "on-line chat". I can get on using the addy Jenny gave me. Lyndarae and I also had the same problem a few days ago when we couldn't get on the board at all, and decided that a hub might be down somewhere in the midwest.

I should have cut and paste the page I came up with earlier in this thread. I probably sounded like a blithering idiot! LOL

Thanks.
Jan