Saving Billy

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
mikeyvon

bill

Post by mikeyvon »

Hi Randy, Becat, Ann and others:

This is a lot of fun and we got through the most contentious topic just fine. The rest will be easy. I guess because of all the spare time I have in retirement I've been thinking too much about a lot of things and vocalizing it here. This thread has been a nice diversion from all the RLS stuff...in a way it kinda compliments the other threads.

By the way, my brother Carl (whom several of you met in Long Beach) is flying to Cleveland/Akron Saturday so I'll be going there for several days to met him and the rest of my family. We'll talk about that get together in Calif. and I can tell you in advance he says Hi to all of you.

Also, does anyone remember that old Jack Nickelson movie "One flew over the Coo Coo's Nest"? It was classic Nickelson (he got the lobotomy). I remember seeing it when I was living and working in Steubenville, Ohio before I was married. I think it was 1975 or 1976. Wow I'm old. It's worth seeing just to hear the big indian say the classic line, "Juicy Fruit, my favorite kind".

Randy and Becat, thanks for the kind words.

love mike

becat

Post by becat »

Hi Mike,
You tell Carl we said HI right back. He's just as sweet as his brother. :D
Also tell him I still might call him for a gift someday for the hubby. Hmmmm might need to sell a tree or two to get what I want, maybe he'd throw in a family discount for. Ok, don't fall out of the chair for that one. BUT LOL!
I love you too, anytime, any day, everyday.
Lynne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

My first thought when I read your lobotomy post was of the movie/book, Mike. It's one of the few movies that I didn't actually hate after reading the book first.

Speaking of that, did you know shock therapy has totally come back into fashion!!!!! It seems to really help older patients with depression.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

mikeyvon

cuckoo

Post by mikeyvon »

Hey Ann,

Cuckoo's nest was so good I googled it for more info. It came out on DVD in 2002. I don't think Kitty (my wife) ever saw it so going to rent it soon if I can get it here. I didn't read the book first but you're right, it's rare when a movie is as good as the book. And I did read several times about the resurgence of shock therapy...maybe it was on NPR also.

Like you I'm a bit of a movie snob. So many movies are so bad it's hard to comprehend how they could get released. I read the reviews thoroughly first because us RLS people have to be pretty selective about what we try sitting through.

One could go on forever about movies so I'll list just a few of the one's I have enjoyed lately...American Splendor, Sideways, Capote, The Constant Gardener. Crash, was fair.

mike

walkindafloors

Post by walkindafloors »

Wow, I hope I didn't open this pandora's box with my inquisitive question to Mike, but isn't it great to feel the love here in this "blended" family! Since I first learned about this board, I've always loved Ann's ending quote of "Take what you need and leave the rest." If we could live that in every area of our lives, we would have much less stress & worry :lol: The world if full of defensive players lying wait around each corner - I'm glad to find that is not the case here in our wee hour encounters. I'm starting this day out on 2 1/2 hours of sleep that ended at 1:30 am but have all kinds of energy now just knowing I've found Kansas!