Saving Billy

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

lol! i know what you're talking about Ruby!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Beware the Penguin

mikeyvon

wild bill

Post by mikeyvon »

randy,

How ya doing? How's everyone doing...becat, ruby, Ann, wild woman lyndarea, jan..etc? Whats new with billy? You got my interest...I gotta know. saved yet? In Reno right now.. what a great place!!! see ya all

mike

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Hey Mike! It's so good to hear from you. Are you behaving in Reno? Guess that was a stupid question to ask! When are you coming through Missouri? And the BIG question, will you be going to the National Meeting in San Antonio?
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Ruby, of course Mike is behaving himself. It just depends on your definition of behaving!

Good to see you. I'm not yet sure I'll get to San Antonio - but if I do, it would be great to see you. All of you, actually. Let's make it a party! None of us has any better way to spend out vacation time, right????
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Whatvacation time? I'm saving mine for this new grandbaby! Oly 4 weeks to go! But I will be in San Antonio and I hope everyone who can will be there because yes, let's have a get-back-together party!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

becat

Post by becat »

you know I'll be there.
even if find a cheaper hotel, everyone should go. It's the best to meet family like these great people here.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

I hope I can come--- A lot depends on what happens regarding my back. I see the neurosurgeon Wednesday. I would love to be there and seeing everyone again--- Spending time with you all-- We'll see.

Hugs
No one is alone who had friends.

becat

Post by becat »

I hope you can too, but better to fix your neck first and we'll go (together) from there.
Hugs to you honey.
Lynne

mikeyvon

friends

Post by mikeyvon »

Hi everyone,

Yea the Reno/Sacramento/SF area is pretty nice. We've been vacationing in this area for years. And by the way, I went to my 40 year HS reunion in Akron, Ohio a couple weeks ago and ran into an old buddy who's a neurolgist. He says he sees RLS all the time...mostly in people referred to him by GP's who miss it. Sound familiar?

As far as San Antonio...I don't know yet but i sure would love to see you all. Problem is, being that I'm a hard-core athiest and blue state New York Times readin liberal...Texas security would probably send me packin straight back to JFK! LOL.

And yes, I am behaving here in Reno but years ago there were times that I didn't. The details would make Billy proud.

Hope to catch ya all on chat.

Love, Mike

becat

Post by becat »

awwww Mike we'll let you in, just prying for you behind your back. :D
About being a blue stae, well we will let you in, but try hard to convert you asap. :D
We'd love to see you again as well. So glad to see you post an actual message on the board.... :lol:
I love ya hang tough my friend.
Glad the vacation was nice. Hope it was dry and hot got you, you might have needed the change.
Hugs
Lynne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

If they let me in, Mike, they have to let you in!

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Mikeyvon...
I just got back from Vacation myself. I was riding around the Smokie Mtns for a few days.

So I just wanted to let you know I hadn't been reading the message board. I'm dead because I rode from No. Carolina...all the way home to the NW corner of Indiana today. My back hurts, my hands hurt, can't stay awake and I need a shower and shave real bad...so I will get back to this.

Hope you won real big in Reno.

Randy

becat

Post by becat »

Ann and Mike, I'll talk to some people and you'll get in, no problem. LOL
WAM is home safe and sound yahoo! Love it baby.
You'll have to tell us a story.
hugs love and our moon
lynne

mikeyvon

vacation

Post by mikeyvon »

Hola Friends,

Becat, thanks for using your influence to help getting me into the state of Texas. The fact that I was born there might help a little also. And by the way Ann, when you stated "If they let you in, they have to let me in" implies that you are a bigger risk to Texas than me. How so young lady? Details please. LOL.

Now back to Saving Billy. Being a non-believer I think saving Billy would be like giving him a Lobotomy. Kinda like what happened to Jack Nickelson in the movie "One flew over the Coo Coo's nest". Ya know it's funny...the other day I was thinking of all the reasons I have for being an athiest (and I have many), but there's one in particular you might find interesting as a fellow RLSer. It's more of an anecdote than a reason, but anyhow, here it is:

A few years ago I was on a flight from Munich to Newark. They announced shortly after take-off that we'd be fighting a strong headwind and the flight would be longer than expected (it ended up being over 10 hours.) I knew this wouldn't be a pleasant experience and looked forward to a movie as a distraction to the misery of RLS. Actually, at the time I didn't know this misery had a name, but I knew that movies helped a bit.
The announcment of a ten hour flight was bad enough, but a few minutes after that they announced the movie features..... TWO Adam Sandler movies!!! And the first one was "The Waterboy". Of course, the movie added to the misery so I was glad to shut it off and suffer with the RLS only. So my thought the other day was, What kind of God would subject an RLS sufferer to two Adam Sandler movies on a long plane flight? If there was a God he could have changed the movies and no one would have been the wiser. I certainly wouldn't have told anyone.

Hey Randy, This post was not an attempt to "one up you" in the story telling department...you're still the man. But if you don't come up with another one soon our fellow board members may be forced to suffer through another one of mine...or they could just rent an Adam Sandler movie instead.

Love, Mike

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I'm sorry, Mike. If I told any of my stories, ya'll would never let me be a moderator anymore, let alone be a member of this board. I can't let that happen. What would I do with my life if ya'll kicked me out?????

Managing Your RLS