Saving Billy

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
mikeyvon

ann

Post by mikeyvon »

Good morning Ann,

I guess you're not sleeping either.

Hey, I got a good idea. You could PM me your stories. I swear to "God", I wouldn't tell anyone.....well maybe a few people if I got drunk at an RLS National Meeting or something like that.

sleep well

mike

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sure, Mike, I'll get right on that. . .

Oh, yeah, sleep??? Is that what you're supposed to do at this time of night? Drat it! I never can get this right :roll: .

I just don't like to sleep until 3 or 4 AM. I NEED to go to sleep by 11 or midnight to handle my work load. I just don't like to. So, your post is a good catalyst. I AM going to bed. Now. Yes, I am leaving immediately. I promise. No more posts, no more reading, no more research, no grabbing a novel, no crackers, cookies, or cake. BED!

Hope you get some sleep.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ctravel12

Non RLS

Post by ctravel12 »

I was just curious. Where is this rls board located? When I log in the time is about 8-9 hrs later than my time.
Charlene

becat

Post by becat »

Hey everyone,
Ann, does your DH know you've got crackers, cookies, and cake in the apt.? hmmmmmm Maybe we should hear these stories. lOl
Mike it sounds hopeful that your going to come this year. Yahoo.
Ct check your PM.
Hugs all.
lynne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I'll never tell.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Walking After Midnight

Re: vacation

Post by Walking After Midnight »

mikeyvon wrote:I think saving Billy would be like giving him a Lobotomy.

What kind of God would subject an RLS sufferer to two Adam Sandler movies on a long plane flight?

Hey Randy...if you don't come up with another one soon our fellow board members may be forced to suffer through another one of mine...or they could just rent an Adam Sandler movie instead.

Love, Mike

A lobotomy? I don't get it.

You keep telling stories Mike, I thought this one was pretty funny. Not that I want to have a Theological debate right here and now, but I'll betcha anything that God doesn't like Adam Sandler movies any more than you do. But then, I'll bet He's not blaming YOU for them.

CTravel...you can change the time to match yours. You just gotta subtract the time that the message board is ahead of yours and find it on the list. It's easier than it sounds.

mikeyvon

billy

Post by mikeyvon »

test

walkindafloors

Post by walkindafloors »

the time thing always throws me but not sure what to subtract from...I'm old remember (and now blind since I rubbed my eye with poision ivy!) :(

walkindafloors

Post by walkindafloors »

Okay, maybe not "old" but slow...I'm 4 hrs behind here! I'm kinda Monkish about things like this so now can rest easy-er.
Just went back and read the story about Mike, and like others, appreciate your gift WAM of not only storytelling, but of witnessing. Not always an easy thing in this world. I can't imagine living here without my faith, especially in my job.

I have a family that is heavy on my heart tonight as they lost their home and all belongings in a fire this past week due to lightening striking their home. The week before, a tree fell on the family van - total loss. This young family just had their first child in June but have been raising 3 nephews due to their parent's alcholism and domestic violence. I can't believe God would send these trials upon any family that has given so much of themselves for others, but believe that out of all trials and tribulation, blessings come. My point is this: without faith, what motiviates you to go on? I'm seriously not being critical of those who do not believe, but really do wonder what fuels the fires within?

becat

Post by becat »

Morning Walkindafloors,
We're ok with Mike, love him just the way he is. He's been a family around here for a long time. Abrother of sorts to me, big brother that is... :D He is certainly honest, truly a kind man, and just as supportive as any one of us here. A good man in my book.
Yes, I'd agree that the story about Billy is one of witness and love from a special place.
I loved your post and wanted to offer my prayers to your family and to you. Your likely going to need the strenght to help or comfort this couple and their new extended family. I believe, that out of trials and loss, life always seems to bring great joy and comfort. Just as you do. Somedays you just have to keep your way wide open to catch it all. This unique family just may have bonded in ways not understood by us earthbound people and those bonds will make them solid. At least that is my prayer for them. How wonderful for their 3 nephews that they were loved enough for someone to offer them a real family and home. Special people.
It is hard to understand why we're thrown one way and not into another. I have always thought that there are just some things we will not learn on earth.
The whys and why nots might be a driving force to make you choose a a better path, or simply to be continued and answered later.
I love having faith, it is a big part of the moon we share with one another around here. Faith can bring fullness to a heart in need, a soul in trouble, or a simple RLSer knowing that they are never alone or without us all.
Love hugs and always the moon.
Lynne

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I have debated with myself over this thread so many times; do I go ahead and respond the way my heart tells me to or not. Well, guess you know how that went! So here goes....Faith is believing in something when you cannot see, hear, touch or physically feel it. From every person that I have met or talked extensively to on this board, I find faith. Faith in each other, faith in the ultimate good of this world, faith in ourselves. It might be a little shaky sometimes but it's there. There are those of us who are Christian, there are other beliefs and religions. As a Christian I should be very worried about those who don't believe the way I do. I should be trying my hardest to convert them to my way of thinking. But I can't and won't. Ultimately my God may be unhapppy with this; but each of you has decided in what and whom you put your life in the hands of. I have to respect that because I respect you. If there were a person on here that was just plain hard-hearted and hateful I might feel differently. But each of you that I have grown close to has a heart that reaches out to others. You care and love. Whatever you believe in, it must be a good thing. Becat said it, none of us knows all the answers and won't in this lifetime. My religion tells me that I will find out the answers when I die. In the meantime all of us have to do the best we can to take care of our loved ones and strangers wh need us. For me that is enough. All of us believe in something and whatever it is must be good. I love you all and would hope that we all end up in the same place eventually, a place that embraces each of us. Time will tell. Until then, let's keep faith with each other and in ourselves. The rest will work itself out.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ctravel12

saving billy

Post by ctravel12 »

Rubyslipper and Lynne
Very well said. Faith has brought me through some tough times. Thank you for what you said and felt.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

walkindafloors

Post by walkindafloors »

I have debated all day how to respond to your reply, Lynne, afraid someone may have interpreted my question as judgemental and not inquisitive. I hope I did not offend anyone, but like the others, my faith has brought me so far I'm not sure where I'd be without it.

At the same time, I am very conscious (and in truth sometimes judgemental) of those Christians who seem to toot their horns the loudest. You know who I mean - the pharisee type Christians who talk a good game with very little fruit visable from their efforts. Rubyslipper, rest assured I am often worried that my God may be angry with me for not being more verbal in my witnessing, but I have found that I am much more comfortable sharing my faith through my actions/reactions rather than words. I work as a social worker and am faced each day with situations that are less than desirable and mostly "of this world". I have learned to be a quiet Christian, practicing what Jesus teaches us - to first love unconditionally by seperating the sin from the sinner. After I am able to do this, I see them accepting my help as positive rather than working against me.

All this to say I am truly not judging Mike for his beliefs and look forward to getting to know him and the rest of you through this common bond we all share (crazy as it is!).

becat

Post by becat »

Awww Walkindafloors,
No way did i take it that way, I promise you. And I promise you that Mike understands that we jab at him off and on about this subject, but yet still love him, honor him and his thoughts, and still pray for him. LOL (I thought Mike would like that one... :D)
I'm sorry you spent the day fighting with this thought, Hon, I'm a cheerleader, fixer, smoother, whatever you wish to call it and I just wanted to add my two cents. And yes, like with any family, as we are family here, that includes you Walk, we don't always get across what we had in mind to say or it may not always come across the internet with the same intention that we so hoped it would.
You owe me, nor Mike, any apologies, nor anyone else here. I bet Mike would likely say the same thing. And still be a great friend and supporter to you, as he is to any of us here. The longer you stick around, you'll find that we are just one combined family with a common goal. And the great part about this board is that we share just as we have here. Still with love, understanding, comfort and great joy......some days it is our differences that make the board the best place to be.
My honest and loving hugs to you Walkindafloors, and may the moon shine brightly for you tonight and wash the stress of the day away.
Love
Lynne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Like Ruby, I've thought about replying many times and haven't. Until now.

Religion and politics are slipperly slopes. As RLS has no particular boundaries, I'm sure that we could have Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, athiests, agnostics, Wiccans, and many more on this board. Everyone here has a responsibility to act in a respectful manner to the other members. It cuts both ways: we all have to respect that the other person's choice is their choice and that we are not better or worse because of our beliefs. That may mean that we don't comment, don't post, or moderate our comments as needed to avoid hurting feelings (which everyone here has done).

Ruby, if I understand Jesus and his teachings, he would never tell you that you should convert anyone. He would say to love and respect all, regardless of their choices - which is what you do and what to me is part of being Christian. It's also part of just being respectful in general.

Some boards separate religion from the rest of the conversations. For those who differ in their beliefs, posts like the ones we've had can cause hurt and or strong feelings. I feel badly that Walkin was concerned all day about the post. We should have to feel that way here. That said, I certainly don't want those who are not Christian to feel they are excluded or that they need to avoid part of the board or certain posts.

I guess we'll feel our way around this. If people find themselves worried/concerned/upset or any other similar feeling, let us know. We can address how we respond. If faith and religion are very important to some members, maybe we can create a separate section that would have a separate log-on and not discuss religion in general posts. Whatever we decide, I just want to make sure everyone feels included and comfortable here.

Managing Your RLS