Much Needed COMIC RELIEF!!!!

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
sardsy75

Much Needed COMIC RELIEF!!!!

Post by sardsy75 »

A Creed To Live By...

Life Should NOT :evil: Be A Journey To The Grave With The Intention Of Arriving Safely In An Attractive And Well Preserved Body :roll: ...

BUT :shock: ...

Rather To Skid In Sideways :wink: ... Champagne In One Hand ... Strawberries In The Other ... Body Thoroughly Used Up ... Totally Worn Out 8) ... And Screaming - "WOO HOO!!!" :P

Now THAT'S What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!!!!
Last edited by sardsy75 on Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

claradragon

If it's there you might as well live it!

Post by claradragon »

Life and all it's ups and downs (which we as rls survivors are so very well aware of) has a way of teaching appreciation. It teaches us to appreciate the good by throwing in the bad....How would we know what is good if there was no bad...But to truly appreciate the good we have to let go and enjoy it.

Nadia yes life is there to be lived...so we might as well make the most of it!!! 8)

p.s. Are you britsh decent...just the strawberries and champagne seem so Wimbledon!!! :lol:

love and hugs (and full of prescription meds) from the other side of the planet...well universe at the moment i think 8)
My bio is on pg1/new to rls/new members and current members please help.My diary is under new to rls/is there light at the end of the tunnel?

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Actually, I'm of Irish Descent ... there's a town named after my mother's family about 2 hours outside of Dublin called Edgeworthstown.

Hmmm, Irish ... that explains my warped humor :P and sometimes firey temper 8)

As for the Strawberries and Champers, I can highly recommend Strawberries and Marshmallows as a good pairing! At a friends wedding back in February this year (the same wedding two of my pics came from) the centrepiece on each table at the reception was a HUGE Martini Glass filled with Marshmallows and Strawberries ... and also on each table were at least three candles ... do the math ... and you've got Toasted Marshmallows!

I kid you not! Our table (there were 10 of us) won the prize for scoffing all our S&M's first and being the best Marshmallow Toasters :roll:

The things we do!! 8)
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

jan3213

Marshmallow Toast!!

Post by jan3213 »

To Nadia and Clara--This is Jan

Hi Ladies!

Nadia, you crack me up (that's an American expression meaning I THINK YOU ARE SO FUNNY!!!!!). I enjoy you both sooooo much! Not only do you meet people with the same fun(?) affliction (RLS), BUT you get to meet people from around the world. I love your expressions and would LOVE to hear your both speak! Nadia, I loved your creed and loved your emails about your cats. It's nice talking to someone who is as "in love" with her pets as I am! Clara, I'm so glad we've gotten to know each other! I enjoy reading your diary! Keep it up, okay? I think back to the day I wrote my "apology" and if I had not done that, what an opportunity I would have missed to have met such an intelligent, warm, caring person from across the pond!!!

Hugs to you both!!
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

sardsy75

Just had to post this one!!

Post by sardsy75 »

Got this little gem via email today and just had to share it with everyone. Couldn't have written it better myself actually - and I live in the dang place!!! It is SOOOOOO TRUE!!!!!

The Diary of a Rockhampton /Queensland SUMMER by an Englishman

August 31st:
Just got transferred with work into our new home in Rockhampton!! Now This is a city that knows how to live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. What a place! I watched the sunset from a deck chair on the verandah. It was beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

September 13th:
Really heating up. Got to 35 (celcius) today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun everyday like this. I'm turning into a sun worshipper.

September 30th:
Had the backyard landscaped with tropical plants today. Lots of Palms and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing lawn for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

October 10th:
The temperature hasn't been below 34 (celcius) all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least today it's kind of windy though. But getting used to the heat and humidity is taking longer that I expected.

October 15th:
Fell asleep by the pool. Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body. Missed 3 days of work. What a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though. Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

October 20th:
I missed Kitty (our cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got to the hot car for lunch, Kitty had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stank up the $3,000 leather upholstery. I told the kids that she ran away. The car now smells like Wiskettes and cat poo. I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat.

October 25th:
The wind sucks. It feels like a giant bloody blow dryer!! And it's hot as hell. The home air-conditioner is on the blink and the AC repairman charged $200 just to drive over and tell me he needed to order parts.

October 30th:
Been sleeping outside by the pool for 3 nights now. $450,000 house and we can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here?

November 4th:
It's 35 degrees (celcius). Finally got the ol' air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to 25 (celcius), but this darn humidity makes the house feel like it's about 30 (celcius). Stupid repairman. I hate this stupid place.

November 8th:
If another person says, "Hot enough for you today?" I'm going to strangle him. Bloody heat. By the time I get to work the car's radiator was boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like baked cat!!

November 9th:
Tried to run some messages after work. Wore shorts, and sat on the black leather seats in the ol' car. I thought my butt was on fire. I lost 2 layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and my bum. Now my car smells like burnt hair, fried bum, and baked cat.

November 10th:
The weather report might as well be a bloody recording. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. It's been too hot to do anything for 2 damn months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this damn place? Water rationing will be next, so my $2,000 worth of palms just might dry up and blow into the bloody pool. Even the palms can't live in this heat.

November 14th:
Welcome to HELL!!! Temperature got to 41 (celcius) today. Now the air-conditioner's gone in my car. The repairman came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you today?" My wife had to spend the $2,500 house payment to bail me out of jail for assulting the repairman. Bloody Rockhampton. What kind of a sick demented idiot would want to live here?

December 1st:
WHAT????? THIS is the FIRST DAY of SUMMER???? You're KIDDIN' me!!!!
Nadia

jumpyowl

Amazed!

Post by jumpyowl »

and I thought the British were smart and adaptable, so they can go and govern any part of the world! :shock: Ooops, that was in the XIXth century. :oops:

I think it takes an Irish RLS/CFIDS sufferer to weather that. Or a native Texan!
Jumpy Owl

sardsy75

Rockvegas locals in LasVegas

Post by sardsy75 »

I hear ya Jumpy!

On our overseas trip back in '02 we did the "must do" trip to Las Vegas just so we could say "we did" Las Vegas.

It was August, so the middle of your Summer, and if my memory serves me correctly (such a rare occurrence theses days!) every day we were there, and we were there for five days; the temperature was 38 celcius or over.

BUT, we loved it! WHY? Because there was NO humidity!!! I must say that the "locals" thought we were nuts, but even though it was hotter than hades, it was a nice dry heat rather than a "need three changes of clothes each day" heat. We had a ball!
Nadia

Felix The Cat

Babbling--no one else up this early

Post by Felix The Cat »

Hey all. WHEW, sorry I haven't posted for a bit-all I can say is-Now I got 8 lifes left.. Not a pleasant time period. Nadia- I just love the way you're approaching things hun. We gotta party sometime. Your humor "I can only explain as, well, I relate. lol) Something to do with our sleep deprivation ? Hmmm, I'm sorry to admit, your poor Cat story kinda did me in a bit. Bad timing. No one's fault. Just really bad timing. I've been up continually since the last time I e-mailed you and Jan. During this particular bout. Two things happened which, ya know, just make it a even 5 lifes left not 8. First my bestest friend in the whole world for the last 17 years-Heidi my German Shepard. I had to put to sleep. God Bless her. The vet knew us quite well from the years and was humane enough to let me take Heidi to a secluded, shaded spot behind the building (Heidi's favorite place to be when a overnight stay was required) and I put an end to her suffering, quietly and just the two of us. The long nights up are MUCH longer now without my faithfull stead unselfishly staying up with me and pacing the floor with me. This fact is even more meaningfull to me--because I put her to sleep because of her painfull Hip displasia became too much. But she never winced once. I've been up for way too long, so I'm not going to speak of her again now--cause I just won't make it :cry: Ok back from a short walk. Composed now. Did I mention ? Coming home from the vet's I was involved in auto accident. I finally fell asleep. How's that for timing Nadia ? Unbelievable :roll: . Everyone involved is ok but I am without vehicle now, and trapped inside this damn house. How much more, does the Big Guy upstairs expect me to handle ? Even rocks crumble over time, and I think I just located a crack on me.. No sleep + Grieving + Plus accident aftermath Insurance. YIKES !!! I'm almost feeling lucky in a strange way-cause I'm too tired to do something stupid, which in turn makes the 2 left over brain cells of mine---feel like I'm coping just fine with everything. I think. How is one expected to deal rationally with matters at hand, when the "one" is starting with a full deck due to the fact he's only slept about 6 hours over the last 7 months ? P.S. the 2 seconds of Pre-impact sleep was not calculated into that 6 hours. Felix the strung out cat

Felix The Cat

Typo

Post by Felix The Cat »

I goofed, sorry Should read When the "one" is NOT starting with a full deck.

Sara

Post by Sara »

Felix --

Just wanted to say, briefly, I don't think you and have chatted before, but I read your story, and send cyber-hugs. Any of the three things you've been facing would be enough to really knock anyone for a loop. But all together, it's nothing short of brutal.

No wisdom to share, but I'm a dog person, and I know that mine (only 6 years old, and my first dog of my own) has helped me through a lot of tough times, and provided that unconditional companionship that's priceless when we feel alone and vulnerable. A couple of dog-in-laws taught me that along the way, too. Some people don't seem to "get" how much a good dog can mean to a person's life and happiness. I do. So sorry for your loss of Heidi. :cry:

Try to take good care and hang in there through all this.
Sara

jan3213

My Sympathies Felix

Post by jan3213 »

Hi Felix, it's Jan

Felix, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved best friend!!! It's hart to explain to people who don't have pets how much a part of the family they are. They aren't JUST a part of the family, THEY ARE FAMILY!!! We live with a precious JRT named Willie, and I don't know what we would do without him. I know what you mean about not having Heidi around when you're up nights. She just knew what you needed. But, Felix, you did the right thing for her. You took care of her just as she took care of you. I'm so sorry you fell asleep and had an accident!! Like Sara, I have nothing wise to say, only that I am truly sorry for your loss and am so sorry you are having such a rough time right now. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. We're here for you, Felix.

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Hey Felix

Apologies for the "bad timing", but I know what you meant in your message.

Hubby and I have two cats and to us, they are our "children". Both of us have grown up with pets all of our lives and going through the emotions of losing a pet is sometimes indescribable.

Before "Fidget" (and then "Pickles") came into our lives, we were blessed with the companionship of "Chewy" for two years. Unfortunately in 2000, just a few weeks after I was attacked and injured in my own front yard by two dogs who had been terrorising our neighbourhood for months, "Chewy" was taken from us by the same two dogs. I was absolutely devastated and went into a very deep depression; I literally felt as though I had lost a child.

I know what you are going through and I know how much it hurts. Although she is gone, Heidi will always be with you, not only in your memories but in spirit. To have had been able to share 17 years of your life with her is truly special and although it was a heartbreaking decision, you did the right thing.

Take care of you!
(((((HUGS)))))
Nadia

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Sam Mcgee wrote:silly rabbit, avatars are for kids

Sam Mcgee

Passing through the street near her corner, He went the way to her house,

What the .... ?????

Another troll?
*sigh* Our boards would just be so dull and lifeless (and a heck of a lot less trouble to manage) without our trolls lol
Nadia