help

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
jrowley

help

Post by jrowley »

Hey all my goodness how things have changed been a while since i have been here I hope all is doing well. I got wonderful news today there is nothing more that anyone can do for my crazy legs, In the mean time i was dx'd with enphyzma and gained about 60lbs from not smoking and hysterectmy but other than that not to bad my way (right). I sure could use someone to talk to if any of the fellow old timers are out there i would love to have a shoulder since the only ppl that understand this dang disease is us.

Thanks Jan
Jan :roll: Can't wait to sleep!

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Reckon I'm one of the old-timers and I sure hate to hear all that you have been and are going through. Who told you there is nothing more that can be done for your legs? I don't know what you have tried (must be lots) but there are always new ideas to explore and possiblities (like another and another and another opinion). Please don't give up, we need you as much as you seem to need us. Life goes in cycles, the bad is always followed by good which is followed by bad. Sounds like it's time for a good cycle for you. As far as understanding, I sure do. I need sleep very badly right now but I miss all my friends here and want to catch up. Besides the bed will wait, it always does. It likes to tease me that maybe this night will be a good one. Hang in there and talk to us all you want.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Jan, I've been thinking about you lately and wondering how you were doing.

I am so sorry to hear about the emphysema. Smoking is so hard to stop - congratulations. It may not feel like it's really not fair, though - after all you stopped! Sometimes life really sucks. You think you are doing the right things and you get kicked anyway.

What happened with the RLS? I know you have been concerned about taking any narctotics and the DA haven't worked at all. I think you were trying one of the older anti-siezure drugs that last I remembger.

I like Ruby's idea. Find another doc. And another, and another.

Welcome back, dear.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

Thank you girls its so nice to know there are others out there that are still having horrible difficulties with this. I did just what you said ruby and seeked another source. I looked here on rls.org and found a sleep center close to my home so I made a phone call and I go next saturday for another sleep study. Only this time they not only are doing a night study but a daytime study too. Then I see a whole new doctor. So hopefully I will get some relief from this. I also made a appointment with my rheumy again for her to rule out fibromyalgia for the third time. I have know idea what this doctor is even dreaming of if I have any points of pain from fibromyalgia it may be one. Well a rheumy wont dx you with it untill you have at least 11 of the points. My doctor is crazy. Anyway we will see again and hopefully they can get my legs in control.

Thanks again girls it sure helps to know there is support out there with this.
Jan :roll: Can't wait to sleep!

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Jan

What a shame you are going through such tough times. I'm sorry I haven't kept in touch---it's been crazy with me lately. But, I am so glad to hear from you. I hope things get better for you and that you find a doctor who will listen and help you!

Please keep us all posted.

Jan (the other Jan)
No one is alone who had friends.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Good for you! You have to stay determined in this world of RLS. Please let us know what you find out. Just keep fighting and we'll keep cheering you on and help however we can.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)