Various

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
carolsond

Various

Post by carolsond »

Hi!

My name is Carol Ann and I have severe RLS. I've had it about 15 years. I was taking a tri-cyclic antidepressant at the time and it brough my RLS on and when I stopped taking it, the RLS did NOT go away and I still have it. I take Mirapex and I've gained abou 25 pounds while taking it. From what I read on the other Posts, I'm not the only one who has gained weight from taking Mirapex. I got some cream of wheat hot cereal and noticed on the label of the box that there is 90% iron in it. After eating it for a couple of days for breakfast, I noticed my RLS hasn't been as bad. Of course, what would work for me may not work for someone else. Just an idea! I still am taking the Mirapex. I see my doctor in about a week and will ask him to decrease it and see how I'll do. I also have Lyrica. I haven't tried it yet, however.

I want to thank the RLS Foundation from the bottom of my heart for granting me a scholarship to attend the RLS Foundation National Convention in San Antonio, TX in November. I was very happy to that I was selected and I really am looking forward to attending the Convention. Is anyone else going? Let me know!

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Carol Ann Sondergaard
E-mail address: Csondergaard22@wmconnect.com

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Yeah! I'll look forward to seeing you there. It's truly a great experience and a wonderful to meet and re-meet friends. I also take Mirapex but don't know if the extra weight is due to Mirapex or lifestyle. Look me up at the meeting and we can compare notes. My real name is Kathy Page. Interesting about the Cream of Wheat.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

becat

Post by becat »

I'll be there and I look forward to meeting everyone new this year......and hugging those that I've met before. It's just an awesome experience.
My name is Lynne Kaiser.
See you there.