whole body jerking

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
emiller7

whole body jerking

Post by emiller7 »

I have had restles legs since in my twenties, it has become very serious as I get older I am 69 now. I take mirapex which is wonderful. I over did it cleaning up after Hurricane Rita and caused me to have a total Hip replacement soon. I have started having total body jerks when my legs are acting up. I have had to increase my mirapex. Has anyone else experience this. It is New to me. :roll:
earline

ctravel12

whole body jerking

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Earline I do not take Mirapex but if you look on the forum for Pharm Therapy there are some posts about Mirapex which may help you. I know other members who do use Mirapex will answer you. I hope that this helps you.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Earline,

There are people on the board with jerking - not sure if they all take Mirapex, but they all have RLS. Mirapex, I'm pretty sure, made me jerk more than I did before. I had lots of weird jerks in my arms, my hands, my legs - I never had them before Mirapex. Now that I am off of it, I still have some, but not as many or as strong. So, I don't know if Mirapex just augmented them or what.

It's not a great search engine, but you might have some results if you search for body jerks, or some such. I did it quickly and came up with these posts in addition to many more:

http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?t=1269& ... =body+jerk

http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?t=2600& ... =body+jerk

http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?t=1664& ... =body+jerk

Hope this helps some. Reading through back posts may also offer some additional information.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Dear Earline,

Just came from a new hairdresser, and after flinching a couple times, I had to tell her that if I jerk it has nothing to do with her... just my ole body. It has to be from the RLS as they have ruled out about everything else! Wierd I know yet that is me. It is something I am not aware of routinely as it is something that has just been part of me for so long that I seldom acknowledge it other than when others might be wondering what is going on... My daughter in her late 20s has jerk episodes too ...

I took mirapex for a very short time, and my daughter has never taken it.

Hazey
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden