Our Jan is out of surgery

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

****raising flipper**** me, too!
Beware the Penguin

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

To anyone who wants to add to the flower donation, just click on the email link below and email me - I will send you my address. You can donate a dollar or more. So far, I have two confirmed donations (I've sent them my address); if people end up sending more than I spend, I will donate the remainder to the RLS FOundation, so know that I won't be eating steak dinner on you :wink: .
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

ViewsAskew wrote:To anyone who wants to add to the flower donation, just click on the email link below and email me -

I don't see an email link.
All I see is Profile, PM, and WWW

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Really? I see it. . .Hmmmm

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

email me at ann@viewsaskew.com

I'll try to figure it out later.

Managing Your RLS

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Any news on Jan?????~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

becat

Post by becat »

Hello to all of my wonderful family here on this board.
Yes, good news on Jan, she got to go home yesterday morning.
She was a real trooper the whole time. Surgery is never fun and this one proved to be the same, God Bless her spirit and her body.
She got to shower yesterday, put on some human clothes and was out of there well before noon.
She said her two hour trip home was just fine.
In a strange way, we had a good time, not the pain or the surgery part, but the time together was so great.
It was a great hospital and just the lovelyest staff, minus 2 people. :?
It's great for us both to be home and I'ms sure it will take a few days for it all to settle in, but she just did awesome.
Seeing this thread last night brought me to tears. What a great family we have here.!!!!!!
Love, hugs, and our moon to you all.
Lynne

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hi my wonderful friends

Lynne called me last night to tell me about this thread, and it was the most wonderful thing I've ever read! I can't tell you all what it means to mean to see all of you caring so much about me! I cried when I saw it. Cried and cried.

I wasn't up to answering it last night, but after another night's sleep, I am ready now.

This forum has always been my family, but never more so right now. The love and caring just shine through. So bright that I can't help but feel better just reading it over and over.

First of all, I have to say that having Lynne with me was the best gift I could have ever have had. She's right when she says that it was great. It was more than great--it was wonderful, and I will miss so much. The staff aboslutely loved her, she was like a mama lion cub taking of me. However, the staff (minus two) was abosolutely the best I have ever seen. From my doctor, who is more than wonderful-- to the nurses, who we even names and address of so we can all keep in touch. Lynne kept my spirits up, kept me going, even though we know each other so well, you never "know" someone until you travel certain roads with them. We've done. She met my husband daughter Amy---my other daughter is jealous that she didn't meet Lynne (and Mike, too). My husband adores her as does Amy. Now they know "our" Lynne.

Ruby, Hamela was in the room with me all the time. I loved the glasses. hahaha The morrocas (sp?), the notes, the candy, the LOVE you sent to me. You'll hear from me today.

Lyn, I'll call you, too. We've always had such a wonderful friendship and it's just getting stronger and stronger. Ann, you are an angel---don't you ever forget that!!!! I don't think you know how sweet you are. I'm not going to let you forget it!

Brandy, God bless you. My Penguin! Love you so much! Tazzer, WAM, Mike, Ct, Corie!!! all of you---you have my heart always. If I've left someone out, I can't see or scroll down enough, but I love you all very, very, much.

I'm in pain, I won't say I'm not. But, I'm alive and no numbness, I can move my legs, and I'm very blessed. No patience has to shine through. For me and my family. I told Dr. Park that I never wanted this again and he said he never wanted to do this to anyone again. haha

My heart is full and overflowing.

Love
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

YAYYYYYYYY JANNIE'S HOME W00T

PENGUIN STANDING O
Beware the Penguin

ctravel12

our jan is out of surgery

Post by ctravel12 »

Jan, it is such wonderful news that your surgery went well and now the recuperating is doing good too. I am so glad to see you posting again. I have you in my prayers everynight for the past surgery and recuperating. I was so pleased to see that Lynne went with you. Like I have said in the past it is a wonderful family and how all of us pull together even though we do not know everyone personally. God Bless you and keep you strong in your healing.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Here's to Jan!!! You made it through the toughest part and while it won't be too great for awhile, it will get better every day. I am SOOO glad you are home. Becat thanks for the phone calls and I'm glad you made it home safely. I may not be able to see the moon tonight, but I have a great picture on my desk and I'll be sending up thoughts to everone tonight. Love to all, Ruby
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

brandy

Post by brandy »

My darling Jan, I'm so happy that you're home and that the surgery went as well as could be expected for surgery. I'm also glad that you know of the love that so many have for you. Know that I will continue to pray for you and send love beams your way as you recover. Recovery can be no fun, but we are all hear if you need an ear or a shoulder. Take good care of yourself, my friend.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

jan3213

THANK YOU!

Post by jan3213 »

I received the NICEST gift basket today (and note from Ann) from all of you. I am just now posting--I've been sick with a bladder infection since Tues. night--chills, fever, you know the rest--and just haven't been on much.

BUT, I wanted to convey my sincerest gratutide to all of you for the love and thoughtfulness you have shown me.

The gift basket has a plant, several game books, some delicious looking tea, a beautiful puzzle and other goodies.

I will never forget this!

Much love,
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Glad you got it. So sorry you have this nasty bladder infection. That just isn't fair. I was out all day and just got your email; I'm just checking this before I leave again - so don't think I'm avoiding you! I hope you enjoy the contents of the basket.

Managing Your RLS

ctravel12

our Jan is out of surgery

Post by ctravel12 »

Jan, I am happy that you like the gift basket. Ouch, I hope the bladder infection gets better. Ann, thanks for doing all of this.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time