Our Jan is out of surgery

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
lyndarae

Our Jan is out of surgery

Post by lyndarae »

Thanks to all of you who were keeping Jan in your prayers. Becat just called and gave me the good news. Jan has been out of surgery for about a half hour now and everything went beautiful.

It was not as bad as the doc had thought it would be and they said she did wonderful. She will be comming awake slowly and Wendall and Becat should be able to see her in a couple of hours. She should be able to move right into a regular room and Becat will be spending the night with her. If all goes well they are even saying she might get to go home on friday. Becat sends her love and thanks to everyone for all the love and support you have given Jan and we are all praying that she will finally have some pain free days soon. I will keep you posted I will talk to her tomarrow if she is up to it GOD BLESS ~~~~~~~~~~lYNDARAE

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Excellent news. Thanks for sharing, Lyn.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Thank God for prayers answered!

My Jannie, WE LOVE YOU!!!!
Beware the Penguin

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Thanks for the update Lyndarae.
Good news.

mikeyvon

jan

Post by mikeyvon »

I like good news. What a relief! The good part is yet to come when she can start walking without pain.

mike

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Can't wait to hear from her! Lyndarae, thanks for posting. After Becat called me things went haywire and I didn't get on to let everyone know. She said she had called you so I was sure you would post. We'll keep everyone informed if we hear anything else. I know Jan has felt pretty scared in the past few weeks and it's good that everyone was there for her. If you get a chance, PM her so when she gets back she'll know we were thinking about her and miss her.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ctravel12

our Jan is out of surgery

Post by ctravel12 »

Thank you for the wonderful news. I have been saying prayers everynight for Jan and will now will say prayers for a wonderful and quick recovery. We are so fortunate to have this wonderful and caring group. Love all of you.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

so glad to hear she made it through surgery ok. get well quick jan!

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

brandy

Post by brandy »

Hooraaaayyy! Yay, Jannie! Thanks for letting us know. Keep the good news coming! You are loved, loved, loved, Jan!
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Talked to Becat this afternoon (isn't she something? staying with Jan!) It's been a rough day for Jan. They had her up and walking but not enough pain meds, when she has them not enough on her stomach so she is getting sick and actually passed out at one point. So keep the prayers, healing thoughts whatever you have going her way. It's going to be a long haul. She's going to really need us when she gets back. I'll keep you posted.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

A surgery like this must be difficult to recover from. Ruby, did they say how many day she'd be in the hospital before going home?

Here's a thought - email me (not the private mail, please - I think my box is almost full and I have to go through and dump things out) if you'd be willing to send some money for some flowers/plant/whatever for her. We could have them there when she gets home. Just $5 or so would be enough if several of us chipped in. I'd be happy to do it if ya'll would promise to send me the money :-).

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

You can count me in on the flowers.................. I know Becat said they had her on some heavyduty pain med and it will make you sick for a while lets hope this passes soon for her~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

Ann, can I send you some money (10 dollars or more) by mail? I will send them in a postcard. I was thinking yesterday how I would send flowers to her from Europe, but this is a much beter idea. But then I need your address. You can PM me if you like.

Corrie

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Corrie, thank you! Please send what you feel you want, however do not feel you need to send more than five. I am sure that a few more people will "pitch in."

Managing Your RLS

ctravel12

Jan is out of surgery

Post by ctravel12 »

Hey count me in on the money too. Let me know how much and where to send it to. Thanks
Charlene
Taking one day at a time