parents losing a child

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ctravel12

parents losing a child

Post by ctravel12 »

Please say a prayer for my sister-in-law and brother-in-law as their daughter(my niece) passed away last night. I was with my sister-in-law this morning holding her and crying along with her and still crying.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

becat

Post by becat »

OOO Charlene I'm so very sorry. Of course you and your family will be in my prayers.
We lost our 18 month old niece Aug. 2001, I stayed with my sister in law for 10 days and I know what pain they ae having to deal with.
My heart is with you all.
God Bless and I'm glad she has you there with her.
Love Lynne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

What a difficult time this must be for all of you, including your husband. It feels so unbearable to lose a child, a neice, someone younger than you that by all rights should live on after you. I hope you find some solace in your faith and each other.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

I'm sorry Charlene. How terrible.
God Bless you and Comfort your family and you...everyone... through this.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

God Bless you and your family. I am so very truly sorry...it is hard...I lost a nephew when he was 7 to lukemia....may God be with you all.
Beware the Penguin

ctravel12

parents losing a child

Post by ctravel12 »

thank you all for your kind words. It means alot to me.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ctravel12

parents losing a child

Post by ctravel12 »

I talked to my sister-in-law last night and she told me that her daughter was alone when she died. She also leaves two daughters of her own. She was only 44 yrs old. When I hung up, I just sat and cried. I asked God to please make my sister-in-law and brother in-in-law strong and keep her grandchildren strong through this. My husband is out of town and did not want to call him on his cell phone when he was traveling and when I talked to him last night and told him the said news he was devastated. I feel like it is just a bad dream and will wake up and it will be just fine.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

becat

Post by becat »

Charlene,
There is no good answer and nothing many of us can say, except to send our love and prayers, healing thoughts your way. I know you already know we are doing that.
It's one of those times in life that if we had a choice, we'd skip or never have happen.
Hold close your family right now, hold faith that your being held, and never under estimate the smallest kind gestures.
With love and prayers of healing and strength.
Lynne

ctravel12

parents losing a child

Post by ctravel12 »

I will be going into Calif. Wed for the memorial services for my niece. A lot of the family are coming in and I know it has moved my sister/brother-in-law. Thanks to everyone for your concern and just keep them in your prayers and also my niece's two (2) daughters. Also there are two (2) sisters that are devastated by the loss of their other sister so please keep them in your prayers too. God does work in strange ways as I did not know how I was going to get there as I did not want to drive by myself and so this morning I said "Dear God I will find a way to go" and two of the people that I walk with offered to take me knowing that it will be a turnaround. God bless all of you. Faith has certainly helped me and will continue to do so.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. ~Kahlil Gibran

Sending you love and prayers from afar

(((((Hugs)))))
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

ctravel12

parents losing a child

Post by ctravel12 »

Thanks again to everyone for all of your support and prayers. I went to Calif yesterday(for the memorial of my niece) with a friend (and yes I actually did all the driving and did not get lost lol) It was very emotional yesterday. We had about five family members who wrote eulogies. I can tell you there was not a dry eye in the place. My sister-in-law/brother-in-law are holding up quite well and so are the two (2) granddaughters. Today is going to be a very hard one as they are going to have a viewing for just the immediate family and then she will be cremated. I know she is with God and watching over everyone. Just remember them today and pray that God keeps strong during the viewing and the rest of their lives. Love you all.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

becat

Post by becat »

Hi Charlene,
Consider that done, my dear. There is never a good answer for some things that happen in life. I hope that Grace carries them through and strength of God is with them.
And BTW, I'm so proud of your skills behind the wheel. :D
See, we can do it!
love and hugs
Lynne

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

We are all with you in thought and spirit. I'm so sorry that this happened. There just aren't words available that can truly help. Just know that we are here for you and yours.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ctravel12

parents losing a child

Post by ctravel12 »

I cannot thank you enough for your wonderful expressions. What a wonderful family we have here. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law got home late Thursday. I talked to them and hoped they are doing better. My sister-in-law told me when she saw her daughter at the viewing it looked like she was just sleeping and I could not say anything. I did tell her that I am here whenever she feels like talking. She does have a lot of faith and know it will bring them through this tough time. My sister-in-law/brother-in-law was touched by all the family and friends that came for the memorial. Thanks again for everyone and love you all very much for your thoughts and concerns.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time