why do I feel this way

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ctravel12

why do I feel this way

Post by ctravel12 »

You know I should be thankful for what I have. I have a wonderful husband who dearly loves me. We have money in the bank. We have food on the table and a roof over our heads. My legs are doing alot better. Now and then they bother me but not like they used to. Then why do I want to just sit and cry and not know why. I guess it is just feel sorry for Charlene today. Thanks for listening to me.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

One question Charlene,

What's wrong with that?

You have every right. No one here is judging you for that, or anything.

It's OKAY honey. Truly, truly it is....I've not met one person yet who can be that strong ALL the time....

Love you!!!!!!!!

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Charlene

RLS drags you down, LIFE drags you down. You'll always find someone better off and worse off than you are. Please give yourself permission to feel bad, down, whatever you want to call it... it's important to give in to those feelings. We ALL have something to be thankful for, but that doesn't mean that every second we have to be "up." I don't know anyone who could do that all the time.... Cry, honey. Someone once told me that tears cleanse the soul. Don't hold it in...... You'll smile again, I promise you!

Love
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ctravel12

why do I feel this way

Post by ctravel12 »

Dear Penguin and Jan 3213. Thank you for the comforting words. They really mean alot to me. Jan, you said crying cleanses the soul. Well I must have the cleanest soul because all that I have done today is cry and do not know why. I guess that I am not making sense. I know this too shall pass and I just have to keep myself busy. Thanks again for caring. Love you guys.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Charlene, are you still taking the Requip? I just had a little flashback to Mirapex making me have strange mood swings - usually crying and sadness. I would feel overwhelmed with sadness and have NO reason! It was so strange. It stopped completely when I stopped the Mirapex. Since these two drugs are quite similar, maybe it is responsible.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ctravel12

why do I feel this way

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Ann. No I have been off Requip for over a month. I am now taking clonazepam .5mg. Thanks for being concerned. I am so glad that I have you people. Really appreciate everyone being concerned. I am going to keep myself busy today and hope that helps it.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Don't discount depression. RLS loves depression, would marry depression except that they are first cousins and that's usually frowned on. :oops: RLS depression sometimes comes to live with you and sticks like glue. Sometimes it just likes to pop in for a visit now and then. Anything to make life a little more miserable. Cry it out if that helps but if it continues on, see about getting help. Depression and me are about as close as Siamese twins. Mine comes and goes. I haven't found the lock yet that will keep it out. RLS is a drainer on our lives anyway and when it brings depression along for the party, life gets rough. Just something to think about.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ctravel12

why do I feel this

Post by ctravel12 »

Thank you so much for all your posts. It really means alot to me. It was a bad day yesterday. I have an appt to see my dr this month and if it continues will mention this to her. The least little thing will set me off and then I will start crying. Went to bed last night crying. Today is a little bit better. This group is really awesome. What a wonderful family I have. Do not know what I would do without any of you. Love all of you very much.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

becat

Post by becat »

Hi Charlene,
You not to ignore the wonderful advice and love you've received, but you had a tough two weeks. I woul dthink that you were crying because you needed to honey.
Grief I know for a fact sets me off and throws me into another world. I can make it through all I need to do, no matter how shocking that week or in some cases 2 weeks can be and then I fall to pieces when I can get home.
It's my wall and net system. Throw up the wall during that time and then pray for the net to catch when I fall out.
My hugs are being sent to you and my love is always just a moon away.
Lynne

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Charlene

You HAVE gone through so much lately. I think it would be unusual for you not to feel badly--and, sometimes we just cry.

My husband just called me a few minutes ago. This is my first day where I'll be entirely alone since my hospitalization and having someone with me. Well, my soul must need cleansing because all I've done today is cry. I am very grateful that I'm home, that all seems to be going good, but I'm down. He couldn't understand why. Well, honey, we're women---and we sometimes just cry. If you don't come out of this after awhile, then by all means, follow the advice given by your friends. But, in the meantme, maybe you just need to cry. Now you've got a net to catch you (I know Lynne will let you borrow hers), and you've got us. God love you, honey. Hang in there, Charlene.

Love
Jan

ctravel12

why do I feel this way

Post by ctravel12 »

I cannot thank each and everyone of you enough for all of your wonderful words, advise and support. Jan, I am so sorry that you are down today. We are all there for you spiritually even if we cannot be there in person. I know my husband has been gone since the 22nd of Sept. and will be gone for about a month. I am sure if he saw me crying he would think that I have gone bonkers, but men do not think the same way we do (sorry guys not meaning for all of you). I have my moments as I know we all do. I will get past this and am so happy to have you people to talk this over with. Lynne, hopefully I will not need your net, but in case I do I know where I can go. Love you all. I will try and make my posts a little more positive.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

i am going on the lighter side of this situation, you're not knocked up are you? :shock: :D sorry but when you said that, it reminded me of when i would get pregnant, i would cry at the drop of a hat! i mean a butter commercial would come on and here come the tears. i was pathetic. lol i'm sorry, but i am one of those people that handle serious situations with jokes, it's my coping mech. hope you are not offended

everyone has those "i feel sorry for myself days" they can last for a while too. we are here to listen, and pass out the hankies. i hope you get to feeling better, i wish i had a miracle cure for the blues, but no such luck, or i would be rich!

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Now listen here, Miss Charlene----

We are here for YOU whether you are :) or :cry: --Please don't ever forget that!!!!!

You are a wonderful asset to this forum and you always are ready to help someone in need. So, don't ever think you can't express yourself in any way. We love to hear good things about each other, but "support" means just that: support. Through good times and bad, through smiles and tears.

I'm already better---I walked over to my neighbor's house--got some fresh air and sat and talked with her for awhile. So, I'm fine. Just gonna be days like today.

You take care and don't forget what I said. We are FAMILY here.

Love
Jan

ctravel12

why do I feel this way

Post by ctravel12 »

Dee, I would probably make history as I am 67 and do not need to be pregnant. I probably would not be crying but being a little bit????? hysterical. I know alot of women at that age do, but I do not have my head screwed on backwards; however I am not too sure of that at times. My husband and I would probably have a heart attack especially since he had a vasectomy (I do not think that is the correct spelling, but you get the jist of it) that made me laugh thanks as I needed that. Thank you for your concern.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ctravel12

why do I feel this way

Post by ctravel12 »

Jan 3213 I love you for what you said. You are a true and valuable gem. I know that I can say whatever is on my mind and everyone will be there for me. I am usually not a person that gets down and this is hard for me to accept but know it will get better. I am so glad that you are feeling better too. I am so fortunate and proud to be a part of this family. My rls is doing better. I do now and then have some bouts with them but not like it was before and know everyone else is going through this. Thank you again for your kind words. What I love about everyone is we do not know everyone personally but willing to lend a helping hand.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time