a parent losing a child

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ctravel12

a parent losing a child

Post by ctravel12 »

We just got some more sad news last night. My nephew who was at the memorial for my niece, lost his son (19 yrs) Monday night. All that I know right now is that it was an automobile accident. Please keep the family in your prayers. His father is a single parent. I am asking God to keep them all strong. There are three sisters and two brothers left. How devastating. I woke up this morning and still cannot believe it. I just saw my newphew and his son (who is my great nephew) last Wednesday. I just talked to my husband as it is family on his side. I told him to please be careful and as I want him back safe and sound. Thanks for all of your prayers.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

OMG! God bless your family....I'm truly very sorry....
Beware the Penguin

ctravel12

a parent losing a child

Post by ctravel12 »

Penguin, thank you for your prayers.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

always Charlene, always
Beware the Penguin

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Charlene

I am so sorry for this recent loss. You and your family have my deepest sympathy and my prayers. May God keep you all safe and bless you.

Sincerely
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sometimes sorrow seems to have no end. You all must be reeling from this. I cannot imagine how you all must feel. . .
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ctravel12

parents losing a child

Post by ctravel12 »

I want to thank each and everyone of you from the bottom of my heart for all of your wonderful and kind words. You all mean so much to me. I keep on thinking of my nephew and I just cannot comprehend it. I love all of you for being there for me and my family and of course you are my family more ways then you will ever know.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

A few years back a child I had raised for several years, now an adult, went in for surgery. Two days after coming home, he told his mom he didn't feel well and she took him back to the hospital. He fell into a coma and two weeks later he was dead. I still remember the shock of it all. It was literally surreal. In some ways, it still is, five years later. It can seem so arbitrary when things like this happen.

I'll never forget Brett. My heart doesn't break on a daily basis any more, but it will always have a hole where he is missing from my life. Thankfully it has a larger treasure chest of my memories of him.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ctravel12

a parent losing a child

Post by ctravel12 »

I talked to my newphew today and he is doing a little bit better. I guess as best as you can. He told me that his son was in the back seat of the vehicle and they were going about 80mph and tried to pass a truck and lost control of the car. My nephew said his son was not wearing a seat belt and said he always put a seat belt on. Why didn't he wear it?????????????? He was thrown from the vehicle and the policeman said he died on impact. They will most likely have the memorial service this Sunday in San Diego. My sister-in-law/brother-in-law who just lost their daughter the 22nd of Sept said they would also go. Please pray that God keeps them strong. It will just be a turnaround. Please remember them in your prayers as this is going to be very hard for them. Also remember my nephew and his children in your prayers that God keeps this strong. Love all of you for being there for me and my family.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time